Rock & Chips Page 7

I actually went to school in Peckham. It's a wonder I can read and write. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 26 2010, 12:50 AM GMT

I actually went to school in Peckham. It's a wonder I can read and write. :)

Open goal there, Godot.

You're much too quick for me Morrace. How did that smiley face get there?

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 25 2010, 11:49 PM GMT

And on the small point of the flat, I'm sure it only had the one door originally.

If you were to walk in through the front door of the flat you would go from lobby/hall/porch type area into the main sitting room, then to your left you have the door to the kitchen. straight ahead as you walk in from the front door, you have a room to the left (Dels) and a room to the right (grandads/ rodneys etc)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 26 2010, 1:20 AM GMT

You're much too quick for me Morrace. How did that smiley face get there?

Quote: David Carmon @ January 26 2010, 1:25 AM GMT

straight ahead as you walk in from the front door, you have a room to the left (Dels) and a room to the right (grandads/ rodneys etc)

Yes, I'm sure there was only one door originally, "Del's". This led to a hallway that had two doors on, Del's and Rodney's. I'm sure I've seen this hall in some of the early episodes.

Or not...

I still don't remember seeing the second (righthand) door in early series though, but that's nothing new.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 26 2010, 9:04 AM GMT

Yes, I'm sure there was only one door originally, "Del's". This led to a hallway that had two doors on, Del's and Rodney's. I'm sure I've seen this hall in some of the early episodes.

Or not...

I still don't remember seeing the second (righthand) door in early series though, but that's nothing new.

Get out more!

Laughing out loud I have to say I only found that pic on the internet, it's not mine. :P

Aren't the sofa and the airchair the wrong way round for Grandad's era? Didn't he sit in an armchair directly in front of the tele?

The furniture in the room was constantly changing and moving around. General positioning was kept, but it varied.

I enjoyed this. Great cast. Hope nobody's been slagging it.

My Brother has moved out of the area I live in and took all his 'Only Fools' DVDs with him. I really want the episodes again now having watched 'Rock & Chips'. The complete boxset is £55 on Amazon. If only I could afford it.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 26 2010, 2:53 PM GMT

I enjoyed this. Great cast. Hope nobody's been slagging it.

Just nearly everybody :D

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 26 2010, 6:22 PM GMT

The complete boxset is £55 on Amazon. If only I could afford it.

It was redundant, but the hour and a half passed pleasantly enough. Although billed as a comedy drama, the script was basically sitcom, it was more the production that represented a change of style. And possibly some of the performances, notably Shaun Dingwall who played it very straight.

Not classic Sullivan, I agree about the poor lines handed to Trigger. Nicholas Lyndhurst did not quite convince as a hard man, but was okay, and the chap playing his sidekick was very good. Robert Daws was excellent and provided most of the laughs. Disagree about Phil Daniels being wasted, he is a terrible actor so normally I would be happy to see him given as little to do as possible, but I thought he made a decent Grandpa, and played a subtle but significant part in the story. I thought the lad playing Denzil was too 'cheeky scouse' to be able to recognise the adult character. (It was more like he grew up to be Lister out of RedDwarf.)

I recognised some of the bit parts as future OFAH characters: Renee, Jumbo Mills, and of course Slater, and someone above has identified Clayton. But I could not place Albee Littlewood - anyone? And was there anyone else who later popped up in the original series?