Rock & Chips Page 3

I thought there was roll as well? a Rock 'n' Chip Roll?

There's a play of a similar name by Debbie Horsfield......I think it's called Chips Sex and Rock and Roll

Quote: Timbo @ January 19 2010, 8:30 PM GMT

More likely thinking there might be job in it for the lad.

Yes, the jammy lad.

John Sullivan's on Front Row tonight (Radio 4, 7:15pm) discussing this.

Quote: Griff @ January 20 2010, 7:10 PM GMT

I hope he'll be pushing his "all modern sitcoms are rubbish" campaign.

And he should know, he wrote Green Green Grass.

John seemed disappointed that 'Don't be a moby' didn't catch on from the last OFAH specials... And yes, he had a swing at sweary comedy.

Sullivan was asked what made him laugh on Radio 2 today. Didn't mention one Brit comedy but went for 'Everybody Loves Raymond' which I do agree with.

Quote: chipolata @ January 20 2010, 7:29 PM GMT

John seemed disappointed that 'Don't be a moby' didn't catch on from the last OFAH specials... And yes, he had a swing at sweary comedy.

I don't get it?

Quote: roscoff @ January 20 2010, 8:24 PM GMT

Sullivan was asked what made him laugh on Radio 2 today. Didn't mention one Brit comedy but went for 'Everybody Loves Raymond' which I do agree with.

Everybody Loves Raymond isn't on Radio 2.

Why do I get this feeling that, when it is finally shown, we're going to get into a debate similar to the one about the Royal Family Christmas Special?

Quote: David Carmon @ January 16 2010, 3:02 PM GMT

I disagree with that he's done some good sitcoms....

Goodnight Sweetheart was brilliant, so different and well made, you only have to look at the sets, costumes and historic content to see how much effort they put into it to get it as spot on as possible.

After You've Gone, while not amazing was harmless family viewing, decent scripts and good characters, well acted by the cast.

Butterflies, a bit twee and la de dah maybe but was of it's time and quite good really, he wasn't the best in it but not awful either.

Never seen his others to comment, apart from Only Fools and Horses, which I would say was his best performance alongside Goodnight Sweetheart.

Nicholas also did The Two Of Us and The Piglet Files for ITV. The Two Of Us was very good IMO

Saw Albie Littlewood is fearured in Rock And Chips. He is referred to in the OFAH episode Happy Returns,where Del is convinced Rodney's latest girlfriend is his daughter

Quote: Badge @ January 21 2010, 1:12 AM GMT

Everybody Loves Raymond isn't on Radio 2.

Well it should be although the visual gags may lose something in translation.

Quote: David Carmon @ January 21 2010, 12:50 AM GMT

I don't get it?

He was discussing catchphrases and how he didn't use the phrase "Don't be a plonker" in the last couple of specials. He used "Don't be a moby" instead. And seemed genuinely a little surprised that it hadn't caught on amongst the general public.

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2010, 9:58 AM GMT

He was discussing catchphrases and how he didn't use the phrase "Don't be a plonker" in the last couple of specials. He used "Don't be a moby" instead. And seemed genuinely a little surprised that it hadn't caught on amongst the general public.

Nice to see he's still down to earth and hasn't disappeared up his own arse at all, then.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 21 2010, 10:00 AM GMT

Nice to see he's still down to earth and hasn't disappeared up his own arse at all, then.

Nah, he's all right. But he wrote probably the last big f**k off popular and critically acclaimed sitcom in Britain, so it must be hard not to get a bit up yourself at times.

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2010, 10:03 AM GMT

Nah, he's all right. But he wrote probably the last big f**k off popular and critically acclaimed sitcom in Britain, so it must be hard not to get a bit up yourself at times.

Spose.

Off topic: Did you remember to watch/record Sons of Anarchy last night?