The Persuasionists Page 2

Watching it now on iPlayer. :( Been watching Arrested Development until then. Can you imagine?

I had high hopes for this... :(

And I thought Big Top had wasted a talented cast. This was incredibly bad, I think the writer should have stuck to his Pot Noodle ouvre, the Persuasionnists was just unfunny, dull and irritating.

This sounded like a first draft script on exposition overload -

'I'm an advertising guy that needs to come up with a slogan'

'Oh yeah, well I can't sell slogans, especially to Cockneys'

'I'm a bit of a bitch and love myself, why doesn't anyone like me?'

And once again, a new British sitcom featuring a character with a 'funny' Eastern European accent - hilarious. As for making fun of foreigners, Cockneys and women - I can only assume that the BBC Commissioners have used Doctor Who's Tardis to go back in time to find writers.

Poor.

Quote: scratchyr @ January 13 2010, 11:13 PM GMT

Watching it now on iPlayer. :( Been watching Arrested Development until then. Can you imagine?

Scratchyr, I don't think it matters. I was ghost writing a tramp's autobiography before this show started and Nobby's first winter on the Embankment without his epilepsy drugs was a laugh-riot compared to this.

How do these shows ever get made?

'Written and created by Jonathon Thake' You want two credits for this pile of nothing? You must be nuts mate.

Well I wasn't persuaded! ;)

Shit this was shit.

Reading all these glowing reviews makes me feel fortunate that I don't get to see this. :) But just you wait. BBC America will undoubtedly try running it and then they'll scratch their heads when nobody likes it. :(

The truth revealed :)

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-thake/12/9a7/340

My how those boys in biotechnology laughed (sounded like they were all in the audience)

I have to say I did find the Keaton character very appealing, whenever Simon Farnaby was on screen things really kicked up a few notches. I'll be watching again next week.

Here's the place to voice any 'concerns'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2010/01/the-persuasionists-billys-cockney-cheese-ideas.shtml

I thought there were some funny moments in it but the ending didn't really work for me. Will watch again though.

I didn't think it was as fundamentally awful as most people seem to. Just rather overplayed. Might have been better not as a studio based comedy.

I certainly shan't be sticking up for it as I did with Lab Rats, though!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 14 2010, 10:18 AM GMT

I certainly shan't be sticking up for it as I did with Lab Rats, though!

Wuss.

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2010, 10:37 AM GMT

Wuss.

Man's gotta know his limitations.

Did anyone laugh out loud during this show?

I was considering switching over to the news for some light relief!

Adam Buxton doesn't appear to have much look with anything he's done since Adam and Joe.

Quote: sheep2 @ January 14 2010, 11:37 AM GMT

Did anyone laugh out loud during this show?

Several times at Simon Farnaby.

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2010, 11:39 AM GMT

Adam Buxton doesn't appear to have much look with anything he's done since Adam and Joe.

Well, there is that long running radio show! I really enjoyed his pilot, 'Mebox', I'd liked to have seen more of that.