The Persuasionists Page 11

Well self praise is no praise they say but try Dead and Buried. It's more recent than the other two and was fairly well received.

This show's a rare dud for Iain Lee who usually manages to find extremely talented comedy performers to be crap around. Daisy Haggard's a naturally funny performer though and made me smile though.

Mr. Harris draft was (unsurprisingly) excellent.

But sadly I must agree with the general premise that reading sitcom pilots in Critique is not going to convince anyone that there is a wealth of undiscovered talent.

To be honest this is something that annoys me - the slating given to the scripts of broadcast sitcoms by would-be-writers whom I am far from sure could do better. (This comment is not intended as an attack on anyone in particular - just as a general observation.)

Episode 2 was an improvement from last week.

(But starting at rock bottom probably explains that)

Personally I thought it was just as good as last week

After one minute I found an episode of Flights Of The Conchords on BBC Four that I somehow hadn't seen before.

How did the last 29 minutes of The Persuasionists week 2 go? (It would be unfair to judge it after only one episode and one minute, obviously).

Kev F off of the Sitcom Trials

I saw about 30 seconds of it whilst pissing up against the window of Currys Digital. I'll post a comment when I've watched it all on iPlayer.

I saw Simon Farnaby pinch Hugh Dennis' dinosaur impression. I bet he doesn't even know where he got it from.

Quote: Kev F @ January 20 2010, 10:52 PM GMT

After one minute I found an episode of Flights Of The Conchords on BBC Four that I somehow hadn't seen before.

How did the last 29 minutes of The Persuasionists week 2 go? (It would be unfair to judge it after only one episode and one minute, obviously).

Kev F off of the Sitcom Trials

Laughing out loud :O Smarmy