Gary: Tank Commander Page 2

A Scottish - as they like to be called - man was telling me how funny this is. I must ch-ch-check it out.

Quote: Joe Hullait @ January 19 2011, 1:21 PM GMT

Let's get it shown on national TV. It's terrible that comedy is witheld from most just because it isn't London-centric

I bang my head against the wall sometimes - BBC Scotland has been producing some excellent new comedies recently, yet for some reason - despite having already proved themselves - the shows aren't shown south of the border.

Even a late-night repeat would be better than nothing. Tomorrow BBC Two joins BBC News a bit after midnight... why not just delay that half an hour and show Tank Commander there instead? (There must be a reason? Otherwise they would surely do that?)

They'd have to pay them more? The Scots wouldn't feel so 'special'? We all know of their complexes...

I love this show and it is educational... well for me because it was the first show I saw in "Scottish". The first episode took me like 2 hours to watch and fully understand but by now I understand Scottish. xD

Next thing for me will be Hardy Bucks to learn Irish too. .-p

Quote: Aaron @ January 30 2011, 1:26 AM GMT

They'd have to pay them more? The Scots wouldn't feel so 'special'? We all know of their complexes...

Seems like you're the one with the complex.

Quote: paul f @ February 6 2011, 10:04 PM GMT

Seems like you're the one with the complex.

Yeah, me, with my own fancy money, crap poetry, tortuous musical instrument and Parliament...

Ahem. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ February 6 2011, 10:23 PM GMT

Yeah, me, with my own fancy money, crap poetry, tortuous musical instrument and Parliament...

Ahem. ;)

Don't forget the glorious scenery.

Series 1 Episode 1 is on iPlayer until Monday (13th) so catch it now! http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p1mdr/Gary_Tank_Commander_Series_1_Be_the_Best/

Phew! Nearly sneaked past me *again*!

Dan

I've finally got around to watching the first few episodes of G:TC recently, and whilst some bits were certainly a bit odd, there was a lot of hilarious stuff in the show. I definitely recommend people check it out. :)

Series 2 is airing on BBC Three later this month.

A real shame that they're not starting from Series 1, I think.