Underrated, undervalued or forgotten gems Page 4

Quote: Leevil @ November 17 2009, 8:35 PM GMT

I actually looked past the decent writing and entertaining characters and saw it had a nice bit of flesh in it too.

"Imagine me, Michael! *Me* in Hollyoaks!"

:D

Dan

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 17 2009, 7:53 PM GMT

Soap.
Lucky Jim.
Shelley.
Absolutely.
I'm sure there's more, but I've either forgotten or underrated them.

Agree with Shelley. I would also add An Actor's Life For Me watched about three episodes of the show and thought it was very good, hasn't been repeated since for some reason. Also Game On (first series) and Coupling.

I'm not certain I'd have noted it here myself, but An Actor's Life For Me is a pretty decent show, yes.

I'll add in Kiss Me Kate and the criminally, CRIMINALLY treated Trevor's World Of Sport.

World of Pub

Germaine Greer singing 'I Will Survive' into a karaoke machine was my highlight of the entire series.

Quote: GlamRacket @ November 18 2009, 12:32 AM GMT

World of Pub

One of the few shows I am really annoyed with myself for never having seen. :(

Then aren't you in luck?

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/3357796/World-Of-Pub/Product.html]
[h=640205]

(Looks like it may have been deleted, so order whilst you can, folks.)

Underrated? 2point4 Children, almost all of the 56 episodes were written by the same person. The jokes were (mostly) funny and the situations that they got themselves into completely ridiculous. Ran for 8 years on primetime but seems to have been buried like nuclear waste by the BBC.

Undervalued? Birds Of A Feather.

Forgotten? Next Of Kin - Genuinely funny, well acted, well scripted and had a premise that shouldn't (but did) work.

Also notable for being forgotten are

Pilgrims Rest
Chalk
Dad
Heartburn Hotel
Dr Willoughby

Oooh, I'd almost forgotten all about Pilgrim's Rest. That was shit. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 18 2009, 12:59 AM GMT

Oooh, I'd almost forgotten all about Pilgrim's Rest. That was shit. :)

True it wasn't great, but I liked it as it had Gary Olsen (2point4 Children) in.

I know it has lots of fans on here, but People Like Us is destined to be forgotten. I doubt it will ever be repeated.

Quote: david carmon @ November 18 2009, 1:03 AM GMT

True it wasn't great, but I liked it as it had Gary Olsen (2point4 Children) in.

Sad how he went too early. He was a good comic actor. (As I recall he once played Julie's new fella in that Paul Calf video diary special.) :(

Razorhead! Not even been on yet, but I miss it! :(

:D Console ;)

Did I tell you about Barclay's bed-ridden mother, who Miss Havisham-like, spends all her days dressed as Little Orphan Annie?

No, but she sounds like the sort of character I'd like to do an impression of, for my colleagues in front of the water-cooler the next day.

Quote: Badge @ November 18 2009, 1:05 AM GMT

I know it has lots of fans on here, but People Like Us is destined to be forgotten. I doubt it will ever be repeated.

I'm sure they were playing the radio show recently on BBC7.