Underrated, undervalued or forgotten gems Page 3

Yesterday I stood up to the Handmade Burger Co. and got a free Smokey Barbeque burger AND a barbeque relish. Go me . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 11:37 AM GMT

The Armando Ianucci Shows

*Iannucci

And they're very good. :)

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 3:13 PM GMT

Yesterday I stood up to the Handmade Burger Co. and got a free Smokey Barbeque burger AND a barbeque relish. Go me . . .

Considering the quality of their food I think they had the last laugh.

Yeah thought I'd take a punt at getting the name right . . .

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 3:15 PM GMT

Considering the quality of their food I think they had the last laugh.

Crazy talk! It was a mighty tasty burger . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 3:16 PM GMT

Yeah thought I'd take a punt at getting the name right . . .

Coincidentally, on the DVD commentary to The Armando Iannucci Shows, Armando himself points out that he was surprised to find out there were two 'n's in his surname.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 3:16 PM GMT

Crazy talk! It was a mighty tasty burger . . .

It's a sign of where we've reached in society that a "handmade" burger is a major selling point. Unimpressed

Yeah, two n's AND two c's is a bit greedy . . .

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 3:20 PM GMT

It's a sign of where we've reached in society that a "handmade" burger is a major selling point. Unimpressed

To be fair I could't really tell the difference from the robotmade kind. I just like burgers . . .

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 3:22 PM GMT

To be fair I could't really tell the difference from the robotmade kind.

Bit unfair to call the staff at McDonald's robots... Then again... And some of these robots have got artificial intelligence now - they'd quit after about a day, I reckon.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 3:22 PM GMT

I just like burgers . . .

Anyway, in what way were you "standing up" to this Hamburger company? Surely they either were willing to sell you a burger or they weren't? Errr

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 3:27 PM GMT

Anyway, in what way were you "standing up" to this Hamburger company? Surely they either were willing to sell you a burger or they weren't? Errr

Ah, well. I placed the order which included a smokey barbeque burger. The handmade woman taking the order thought I'd asked for a portion of smokey barbeque relish, which arrived at the table instead of my burger. So I got a refund on the relish, and my burger for free . . .

There was a handmade woman now? :O

I could see fingerprint marks on her flesh. It's all a bit sinister there . . .

Two in Clover, great gem of a sitcom, yet not many people remember it.

Constant Hot Water with Pat Phoenix.

Only joking. It was the kind of programme I'd see as a kid that could make me depressed within two minutes.

Soap.
Lucky Jim.
Shelley.
Absolutely.
I'm sure there's more, but I've either forgotten or underrated them.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 17 2009, 7:25 PM GMT

Two in Clover, great gem of a sitcom, yet not many people remember it.

For some reason I didn't mention this after remembering it was released on DVD. So I'll second it now.

Quote: Aaron @ November 17 2009, 1:42 PM GMT

Well, not really...

It was alright. Not watched it in a few years, but I don't recall thinking it was anything particularly special.

It was Rik and Aide being Rik and Ade, which is no bad thing really.

Quote: Griff @ November 17 2009, 1:46 PM GMT

Yes, I thought Respectable was very funny.

I actually looked past the decent writing and entertaining characters and saw it had a nice bit of flesh in it too.