Underrated, undervalued or forgotten gems Page 2

Quote: Griff @ November 17 2009, 10:40 AM GMT

Ha! I've got the TV Go Home book. Good to know it's worth a few quid.

Curses Angry

Just ordered Time Trumpet and The Armando Ianucci Shows (not seen the latter) . . .

Executive Stress, You Must Be The Husband and (particularly) Joint Account - the little-known BBC 80s sitcom which deals with the controversial subject of a married couple having a joint bank account. Starring Hannah 'Elephant Man' Gordon and the subversive charms of greying matinee idol Peter Egan.

Oh, and The Gaffer, which was, like, the original Office - for the Angel Delight generation. Unimpressed

Our public station ran Executive Stress for a while, along with Fresh Fields. They ditched ES recently and doubled up on FF. Very disappointing. But I liked Executive Stress, but can't decide which husband I like more.

This is probably the point to admit I've never actually seen Executive Stress. I did try to watch Fresh Fields, but felt queasy. And I saw one episode of French Fields, which immediately made me feel more sympathetic to Churchill destroying the French naval fleet during the war. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 12:38 PM GMT

This is probably the point to admit I've never actually seen Executive Stress. I did try to watch Fresh Fields, but felt queasy. And I saw one episode of French Fields, which immediately made me feel more sympathetic to Churchill destroying the French naval fleet during the war. :)

They dropped Monty Python for both shows. :(

Fresh -> French. Genius! Surely the single-best moment of sitcom ingenuity!

DAn

Lee and Herring's TV shows; Fist Of Fun and TMWRNJ.

I don't know how good it actually was because I haven't seen it since, but I LOVED Newman And Baddiel In Pieces when it first aired.

Cowboys !

Unreleased and therefore an underated, undervalued and forgotten gem (eh Aaron ?)

:D

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 17 2009, 9:23 AM GMT

FILTHY, RICH AND CATFLAP

A spin-off show from "The Young Ones"

Well, not really...

It was alright. Not watched it in a few years, but I don't recall thinking it was anything particularly special.

Didn't do a whole lot for me either.

Quote: swerytd @ November 17 2009, 9:49 AM GMT

Respectable was excellent too, but almost completely ignored.

Yup, largely agree with this.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 12:06 PM GMT

Oh, and The Gaffer, which was, like, the original Office - for the Angel Delight generation. Unimpressed

Very good plotting, that. Reminds me of Yes Minister in the intricacies and his juggling of situations to benefit himself primarily, but also to satisfy all other parties.

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 17 2009, 1:15 PM GMT

Cowboys !

Unreleased and therefore an underated, undervalued and forgotten gem (eh Aaron ?)

:D

Yes! Good nomination. Brilliant show. Well deserving of a release.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 17 2009, 11:37 AM GMT

Curses Angry

The Armando Ianucci Shows (not seen the latter) . . .

There's a sketch about a very English couple out for a meal. He's given a meal containing nuts and has an allergy to them, but they don't want to cause a fuss. I imagine I would do exactly the same.

I never accept an order that is wrong. Especially if they haven't removed the mayonnaise from a burger. Sick

I'm just a bit embarrassed about going into anaphylatic shock in public. I would rather do it in private saying "don't worry, I'm okay" before passing out. :)