Miranda - Series 1 Page 22

It's effing funny and that's good enough for me.

Plus it's about the only comedy show that hasn't featured (or so it seems) Peter K**t (sorry) Fat (no wrong again) Tosser (hmmmm) Kay. So confusing

No jealousy just find some of this forums preferences a little inexplicable.

Alfred, you make the assumption that everyone in his forum wants to write a sitcom. I hated it and I have no interest in being a sitcom writer, so I hardly think it's down to jealousy. It's just not funny, or remotely enjoyable. I wanted it to be, but it isn't and I must say I agree with Sooty I just don't know what people are laughing at!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 23 2009, 1:39 AM GMT

Most posters are loving it. A few seem to hate it. Do I detect tinges of jealousy because something so simple is making a lot of people laugh? 'Miranda' is not pretending to be anything other than a simple and obvious, fun type sitcom. If that is what people want after a day at work then what is wrong with that? There's plenty of deeper stuff on TV to satisfy the hard to please.

I like it. But I still think it's been scheduled crazily, up against Coronation Street on Monday nights, and a late night repeat on Sundays. It should have been going out in the My Family 8:30 slot. The BBC have built an audience for this sort of comedy in that slot, so why not show it then? And give it a Sunday tea time repeat.

As it is, it's getting pretty average audiences of of between 1 and 2 million. And, there have been shows with bigger audiences than that that never got recomissioned.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 23 2009, 1:39 AM GMT

Most posters are loving it. A few seem to hate it. Do I detect tinges of jealousy because something so simple is making a lot of people laugh? 'Miranda' is not pretending to be anything other than a simple and obvious, fun type sitcom. If that is what people want after a day at work then what is wrong with that? There's plenty of deeper stuff on TV to satisfy the hard to please.

Jealous? You have just made my lunch break!

I don't think they've got the scheduling quite right, no. I would go for a 9 o'clock midweek slot, maybe Thursday. That viewing figure is lower than I thought it would be. But I think it'll pick up a lot more as long as it stays funny, as sitcoms often do.

Yes, jealous - it's very common for folk to get jealous of others for making other people laugh, especially when the humour seems so basic - it can lead to feelings of insecurity and sometimes hostility. Miranda is a funny woman who simply has that comic charisma, she proves that you do not have to be an intellectual or razor sharp wit to make people laugh. Miranda makes me laugh, and she makes a lot of others laugh. This, I would say is making some people jealous. Yes jealous. Good afternoon, and enjoy your lunch.

I feel completely neutral about this show. I can see why some people like it and I can see why some people dislike it. But I'm surprised that so light-hearted a show can invoke such strong feelings.

I think I agree with Dolly.

I'll watch it if I'm in but won't go out of my way to watch it. I like Miranda. She's just a nice person who wants a laugh. Nothing outstanding but an enjoyable half hour.

I found the clip on the homepage a little strange.

First, she said Shit, which is very odd for an 8.30 slot and then not twenty seconds later was refering to poo balls.

Surely it should be either Shit or Poo, but not both.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 23 2009, 12:56 PM GMT

Miranda makes me laugh, and she makes a lot of others laugh. This, I would say is making some people jealous. Yes jealous. Good afternoon, and enjoy your lunch.

You're right I'm eaten up by jealousy from the inside, like I had a rat shoved up my colon.

By your standard that I'm jelaous over who ever makes people laugh I am also jealous of.

1 The tramp who shouts about communism and fights trees.
2 Baboons with comically colourful bottoms.
3 Gordon Brown's letter writing.

Crikey my terrible inner torment.

I enjoy broad, old-fashioned comedy, but I find it difficult to understand all the Miranda love, when Lab Rats, a much cleverer example of the genre, got such a slating.

Methinks there is one programme Mr Hillier is defintely awatching this evening.

Quote: Timbo @ November 23 2009, 4:34 PM GMT

I enjoy broad, old-fashioned comedy, but I find it difficult to understand all the Miranda love, when Lab Rats, a much cleverer example of the genre, got such a slating.

Not from me!

:D

Quote: sootyj @ November 23 2009, 8:21 AM GMT

No jealousy just find some of this forums preferences a little inexplicable.

Yeah, I mean, Spaced? WTF is that all about?

Quote: Timbo @ November 23 2009, 4:34 PM GMT

Lab Rats just didn't have the charm. It had the ingredients, but unlike Miranda didn't gel.

Lab Rats didn't have the energy or enthusiasm - it was just so piss poor.