The Armstrong & Miller Show - Series 2 Page 2

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2009, 10:42 PM BST

Some nice bits I liked the injury sketch (wasn't that written by a BSGer kudos if it was). But the Blue Peter sketch was funny once, 3 times in the same episode with no twist or conclusion. Bloody awful.

Injury sketch was great and definitely reminded me of something posted in Critique. A clever searcher might find it.

Episode wasn't classic by any means but enjoyable enough. I like 'em.

Quote: Badge @ October 16 2009, 10:59 PM BST

Injury sketch was great and definitely reminded me of something posted in Critique. A clever searcher might find it.

Cue Morrace.

Quote: Badge @ October 16 2009, 10:59 PM BST

Episode wasn't classic by any means but enjoyable enough. I like 'em.

No disrespect to whichever BCG-er(s?) have written a similar sketch, but I'd say that the basic joke is a fairly obvious idea. (Only me?). The humour really rested on the execution, which in the version which aired tonight was pretty good. (I haven't read any 'Critique'-posted sketches on this idea, which - of course - may well be as good, if not better. ;))

Great first episode! Dennis Lincoln-Park and the Blue Peter parody were brilliant. Laughing out loud I'm looking forward to the next episode. :)

Edit: and the bored teacher! Hilarious. Laughing out loud

I actually found it pretty good, where previous viewings I'd been fairly indifferent (like the Russian football club owner sketch).

The "guy smashes up some priceless stuff" was a bit too obvious, but did like the exam invigilators and "Blue Peter" sketches.
Had the horrible feeling of what the punch would be as soon as they started the "recontruction actor injured doing reconstructions" as I'd written a similar one a short while ago, but I guess with these things on TV all the time, advert parodies are common ideas, and I'm sure after I'd written mine I saw another one posted. - As Tim says, the execution created the funny and was angled better than my draft.

Will tune in to see how the series continues though.

Yeah, here's 2 for starters (Swerytd's one very close again)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/14755#P486688

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/362#P3326

Quote: Rob0 @ October 16 2009, 11:35 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/362#P3326

Ah, the days when Aaron used to go into Critique!

Jeepers! The Armstrong and Miller Show are doing sketches which can also be found in Critique.

Things are worse then I thought. Errr

I thought last nights opener was very strong and a step up from the 1st series. I was laughing throughout, so will be tuning in next week.

When the 'injury claims spoof' came on, I was screaming "That's Sweryt's sketch!" at the TV. However, like Tim stated, I think it's a case of someone simply coming up with the same idea.

The Blue Peter runner was my favourite lot of sketches. The last one, in particular, had me howling with laughter the moment I saw the 'dog memorial' picture in the background. The RAF pilots were very funny too and I even laughed at the end of the Flanders and Swann sketch.

Good show.

However a couple of the sketches were also similar to stuff I'd written and submitted elsewhere which, if only coincidence, is a tad annoying.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 17 2009, 1:16 PM BST

However a couple of the sketches were also similar to stuff I'd written and submitted elsewhere which, if only coincidence, is a tad annoying.

You always say that!

Quote: Ben @ October 17 2009, 1:19 PM BST

You always say that!

Do I? When?

It must be because I have such brilliant ideas. ;)

Actually it was Mr Dagger who pointed it out...

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 17 2009, 1:22 PM BST

Do I? When?

I can't actually recall...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 17 2009, 12:15 AM BST

Jeepers! The Armstrong and Miller Show are doing sketches which can also be found in Critique.

Things are worse then I thought. Errr

Hey! That sketch was the first sketch I had broadcast on radio, so :P

Despite watching up to the accident claims sketch with a scowl on my face, waiting for a word-perfect version of my sketch (which it wasn't, to be fair -- though there's clearly only one way to end that idea), I was moderately entertained. Some of the sketches were funny, though they kind of felt like being 'intelligent sketches for not very intelligent people', if you know what I mean. It's hard to describe.

Anyway, they get plus points for casting Jess Ransom, who I saw a while back in News Revue and thought she was excellent, so nice to see her getting on TV now. (She was the 'Blue Peter' girl and in the background of the 'walk'n'talk' sketches)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 19 2009, 10:24 AM BST

Anyway, they get plus points for casting Jess Ransom, who I saw a while back in News Revue and thought she was excellent, so nice to see her getting on TV now. (She was the 'Blue Peter' girl and in the background of the 'walk'n'talk' sketches)

Cheers Dan, didn't know who she was. She was very good in the 'Blue Peter' sketches. Good-looking lady as well (yes, Dolly, I know, OK...). :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 19 2009, 1:15 PM BST

Cheers Dan, didn't know who she was. She was very good in the 'Blue Peter' sketches. Good-looking lady as well (yes, Dolly, I know, OK...). :)

She is though. :)