The Armstrong & Miller Show - Series 2 Page 3

If one cares for ratings, then A&M did pretty darn well on Friday...

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/armstrong-and-miller-return-with-42m/5007032.article

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 19 2009, 1:46 PM BST

If one cares for ratings, then A&M did pretty darn well on Friday...

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/armstrong-and-miller-return-with-42m/5007032.article

Is it Ian Wolf's day off or something?

Quote: Badge @ October 19 2009, 7:47 PM BST

Is it Ian Wolf's day off or something?

No, I just didn't have anything better to do with my day. :(

I never thought Armstrong and Miller were funny until, having seen them on various chat shows and game shows, I grew to like them as 'people'.

As soon as that happened, their sketches assumed a previously non-existent funniness.

I remember many years ago, while addressing an audience of academics on the subject of comedy, I told them "It's not the way you tell 'em that matters: it's whether or not the audience like you".

Clearly, that's as true today as it was all those years ago. ;)

Quote: Roodeye @ October 19 2009, 11:24 PM BST

I remember many years ago, while addressing an audience of academics on the subject of comedy, I told them "It's not the way you tell 'em that matters: it's whether or not the audience like you".

Did they laugh?

Quote: Nogget @ October 20 2009, 6:35 AM BST

Did they laugh?

Handkerchiefs were produced, incontinence pads were sent out for and a team of surgeons busied themselves repairing split sides as I took my audience to ever greater heights of comedic ecstasy.

A critic said "It was a night. Oh, what a night it was! It really was such a night!"

Thank you very much. Cool

Laughing out loud

I didn't watch this. One of them always reminds of the guy off grand designs and it just plays with my mind.

My mother liked this.

Quote: Ben @ October 21 2009, 5:44 PM BST

My mother liked this.

As did mine. She has a big crush on Ben Miller and a huge one on Alexander Armstrong (she even watches his quiz show Pointless).

I hope the inappropriate dentist makes an appearance in this series. I got the Series 1 DVD today and the sketch where he talks about his furry willy is hilarious. Laughing out loud

I usually really like A&M, but found myself thinking I had better things to be doing during the last episode. I thought a lot of the sketches just didn't work. The one with the guy on honeymoon was long and utterly unfunny. For some reason it reminded me of the ginger guy Charlie Higson played in Fast Show, only that was entertaining.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 16 2009, 10:38 PM BST

And for some reason, they're still doing those singing 1920s characters which were never funny.

Incorrect!

Quote: Aaron @ October 22 2009, 12:10 PM BST

Incorrect!

I like the sketches where it just cuts to the test screen before saying something rude. Laughing out loud

I think the kid having to lick the ice cream made me laugh most.

Only realised tonight that Eddie from How Not To Live Your Life is also in this.