The Armstrong & Miller Show - Series 2

Here's the guide: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_armstrong_and_miller_show/

I'm looking forward to this a bit more than usual. A friend listened to their interview on Steve Wright's show on Friday (9th October) and at 1:49:40 into it they laugh uproariously about a particular sketch that sounds very similar to something I sold to Play & Record a couple of years ago. This sketch in fact.

I'll be interested to hear how similar it actually is...

Dan

Also really looking forward to it. I was at the pilot and the first recording of the series proper, but managed to miss some of the eps. Recorded them somewhere so will catch up this week, but I do recall it being one of the best sketch shows of the past few years.

I hope it's better than the last series, which was mostly comprised of very unfunny sketches. Everyone I knew just tuned in for the RAF bits.

Though I suppose that's a step up, since before that, everyone I knew tuned in to see some veterinary lady arse flesh.

I enjoyed 'Nude Practice' simply because it was a clever satirical comment on cosy ITV Sunday evening drama. Whistling nnocently

I refer you to my earlier post

I'm not a big fan, it always felt a bit old hat to me.

I'm looking forward to it. Never saw the show on TV but got it for a pound from The Works and thought it was very good. Strong material, and Armstrong and Miller are two of the best comedy performers around.

As a double act Armstrong & MIller are more problematical than duos such as the Ronnies, Smith & Jones, Harry & Paul or Mitchell & Webb, who have a much broader range. Both Armstrong and Miller have a patrician air, which, when the intention is to have both of them on screen and both being funny, is a bit limiting.

With the last series I thought the opening episode was fantastic, but after that it was diminishing returns as the same characters were continuously revisited without any new ideas.

Utter dirge.

Mitchell and Webb without the invention or wit.

I thought the first Blue Peter parody was absolutely spot on. Funniest thing I've seen in a modern sketch show for ages.

Even the claims ad sketch managed to mine new ore from an almost exhausted source.

EDIT: Having now seen the first post in this thread, I realise it's not quite as new as I thought!

I liked it! Made me laugh, job done.

Not my glass of Pimms I'm afraid. And for some reason, they're still doing those singing 1920s characters which were never funny.

Looks like I'm tuning in for the RAF bits again.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 16 2009, 10:38 PM BST

Looks like I'm tuning in for the RAF bits again.

Word.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 16 2009, 10:40 PM BST

Word.

Standard.

Some nice bits I liked the injury sketch (wasn't that written by a BSGer kudos if it was). But the Blue Peter sketch was funny once, 3 times in the same episode with no twist or conclusion. Bloody awful.