The Armstrong & Miller Show - Series 2 Page 5

Quote: drZee @ November 7 2009, 3:13 PM GMT

Last night's episode was the weakest of the series, I thought. Errr

Harsh!

Really? I thought it was one of the stronger ones. The last sketch with the man in hospital was great, and I liked the pianist one. The last couple of 'it's priceless' ones though were quite good but Friday's was a bit too obvious.

I would say all the Denis Lincoln-Park sketches have been bloody obvious, so much so that I am wondering if that is supposed to be the joke, a sort of ironic post-punchline thing.

Quite enjoying the series as a whole though - D L-P apart the runners show more development, rather than being the same gag repeated.

They're both likeable enough chaps but their comedy is just so lukewarm. I know it goes out on BBC but it is depressingly old-fashioned comedy.

Quote: Timbo @ November 8 2009, 6:37 PM GMT

I would say all the Denis Lincoln-Park sketches have been bloody obvious, so much so that I am wondering if that is supposed to be the joke, a sort of ironic post-punchline thing.

A couple of them I really didn't foresee :$
I mean, I knew that the things were going to get ruined, but I didn't figure out how. Again, :$

Quote: The Giggle-o @ November 8 2009, 6:44 PM GMT

it is depressingly old-fashioned comedy.

In what way is it old fashioned?

Quote: Timbo @ November 8 2009, 7:29 PM GMT

In what way is it old fashioned?

Reminiscent of things from the past.

Quote: The Giggle-o @ November 8 2009, 7:31 PM GMT

:D

Quote: The Giggle-o @ November 8 2009, 7:31 PM GMT

In that case you are using it wrongly, 'old-fashioned' means outdated or unfashionable, not quite the same thing.

And why exactly does being reminiscent of the past depress you? (I am not sure what you would classify as cutting edge, but I suspect it would depress me more.)

Quote: Timbo @ November 8 2009, 7:38 PM GMT

In that case you are using it wrongly, 'old-fashioned' means outdated or unfashionable, not quite the same thing.

And why exactly does being reminiscent of the past depress you? (I am not sure what you would classify as cutting edge, but I suspect it would depress me more.)

Oooooo, aren't you defensive of Armstrong and Miller?! Why don't you go and marry them?! Lighten up Timbo, man.
(No offence intended)

Quote: Moonstone @ November 8 2009, 6:59 PM GMT

A couple of them I really didn't foresee :$
I mean, I knew that the things were going to get ruined, but I didn't figure out how. Again, :$

I didn't know how he was going to ruin the drawing in episode 2 (I think!). Whistling nnocently

I think it is so-so. I just honestly had no idea what you mean t by saying it was 'depressingly old-fashioned'. (And I am still none the wiser.)

Old fashioned?

Well, it is clealy being written by two fairly old people with awful, oxbridge style humour.

i can see why people who don't 'get' things find them funny. It's just posh voices and silly outfits. Awful.

Quote: jim field @ November 8 2009, 8:27 PM GMT

Old fashioned?

Well, it is clealy being written by two fairly old people with awful, oxbridge style humour.

I think you will find it is written by a dozen or so people, some of whom I have met, and who do not come close to that description.

i can see why people who don't 'get' things find them funny.

Sorry I don't 'get' this.

I've just watched it, & I did think it was the weakest episode so far.
I've been enjoying the series, It's not brilliant but it's very watchable & always has some good laughs in there.

Marvellous.