Which sitcoms ended too early? Page 10

Spaced, a third series. I think the series 2 we got should have been series 3, the other series being in between both (ending with Daisy's aunt dying and Daisy going travelling I guess).

Same with The Office, I quite liked the Swindon lot and felt they could (this is probably sacrilege) have had a series light on Gervais before he pops back up in the run-up to Christmas (I got the impression his visits in the specials were a recent thing that he started doing out of boredom, rather than the whole 3 years).

Hebburn. Was sad to hear it was cancelled after the Christmas special. Had 2 series left in it at least (and was hoping that it'd be like the Royle Family, coming back for specials).

Black Adder - The mooted 5th series featuring a punk band in a relatively modern Black Adder series.

Feeoree, your avatar, is that a large penis on the left of that cat?

(Aaron, please don't grey this out before he answered! ;) )

There have been hundreds of alternative Black Adder series 5s. Here. If it was to be done at all, it should have been done in 1990. The moment's gone. :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th August 2014, 12:28 PM BST

Feeoree, your avatar, is that a large penis on the left of that cat?

(Aaron, please don't grey this out before he answered! ;) )

Haha Laughing out loud Never noticed how dodgy that looked! Arm/hand of course, not a weird penis propping him/her up :D

Quote: Feeoree @ 5th August 2014, 5:16 PM BST

Arm/hand of course, not a weird penis propping him/her up :D

I'm relieved...or disappointed, I haven't decided yet. :D

Back on topic:

I would have loved to see at least one or two more series of "Yes, Prime Minister". The show had a lot more in it. Or they could have done a sequel, "Yes, UN Ambassador".

I too think Pete v Life ended prematurely. It wasn't a life-changing sitcom but it was fun and funny and had a real pace and energy about it with the 'commentary' conceit. I think that Rafe Spall's burgeoning Hollywood career meant that he was no longer committed to PvL and a new lead may not have worked.

Campus - bah, just one series. Recently watched it all again, some lovely silliness in it.

'Allo 'Allo! I say. I wanted it to have more series. But no.:(

Quote: TBone @ 6th August 2014, 10:33 AM BST

I too think Pete v Life ended prematurely. It wasn't a life-changing sitcom but it was fun and funny and had a real pace and energy about it with the 'commentary' conceit. I think that Rafe Spall's burgeoning Hollywood career meant that he was no longer committed to PvL and a new lead may not have worked.

I used to enjoy it too. The actress who played Anna used to be my music teacher. If that's not a lame to fame I don't know what is?

Two Pints Of Lager ended too soon, they needed just one more series. Or at least a Christmas special when Gaz chose Donna in the end, and then Gaz and Donna get married properly and we found out Johnny wasn't really dead.

Hope it Rains
Early Doors
On the Up
Dinnerladies
Next of Kin

And no doubt:

Mulberry!

Almost every great British sitcom that only lasted two seasons: Fawlty Towers, The Office, Extras, Spaced, The Thin Blue Line, 15 Storeys High... Even if the third or fourth season wouldn't have been as great as the first two, there would still have been enough great opportunities for at least one more.

Ah, yes Fawlty Towers. I know Cleese has explained he couldn't write it without Connie. What a shame though there wasn't a Christmas Special, now that could have been spectacular.

Quote: Geffers @ 26th August 2014, 3:56 PM BST

Ah, yes Fawlty Towers. I know Cleese has explained he couldn't write it without Connie. What a shame though there wasn't a Christmas Special, now that could have been spectacular.

In one interview Cleese even said that he had plans for a Fawlty Towers feature film and even had an idea for a plot (as far as I remember Basil goes to Spain to visit Manuel's family, but everything goes wrong and at one point he even hijacks the plane to finally make it to Spain), but he didn't want to do it as he feared it wasn't good enough. Which is a shame because it surely would still have been great.