The standard of writing on this website Page 8

Quote: don rushmore @ July 27 2009, 8:15 PM BST

Enjoying the school holidays, YesNo?*

*Only joking

Are you really a comedy writer? YesNo?

:)

It's okay. I'm not bothered. I was just trying to join in. It did feel exactly like being back in the playground. Now, who's for conkers?

Yes. I work full time as a writer and I've written for well over 100 shows. I'm not bothered if you don't believe me, but it's the truth. You could always ask Mark, because he knows exactly what I've done, for better or worse.

Quote: YesNo @ July 27 2009, 8:16 PM BST

It's okay. I'm not bothered. I was just trying to join in. It did feel exactly like being back in the playground. Now, who's for conkers?

At last! you've cracked a joke.

Now, I believe that you are, see.

only messing with you pal.

Are you enjoying the new site? YesNo?

Quote: YesNo @ July 27 2009, 8:18 PM BST

I've written for well over 100 shows.

:O

Comedy writers are rarely any fun.
Yes, love the new site. I think the whole BSG concept is excellent and well executed.
I used to rely on The Sitcom Trails when I started out, but found it a bit cliquey. That said, it was still useful to be able to get involved with other hopeful writers and that's why I think this site is a real bonus to anyone starting out.

Quote: Scottidog @ July 27 2009, 8:16 PM BST

Are you really a comedy writer? YesNo?

Yes, the guy is a growing legend. I think he originally choose anonymity because he wanted to join in without intimidating regulars by their reputation. That is if I remember right.

Quote: YesNo @ July 27 2009, 8:24 PM BST

Comedy writers are rarely any fun.
Yes, love the new site. I think the whole BSG concept is excellent and well executed.
I used to rely on The Sitcom Trails when I started out, but found it a bit cliquey. That said, it was still useful to be able to get involved with other hopeful writers and that's why I think this site is a real bonus to anyone starting out.

How old are you YesNo?

You have achieved alot so far, and alot of people on here would give their left nut to do that, so well done.

I'm early 40s. Started writing when I was 31.

Quote: SlagA @ July 27 2009, 8:25 PM BST

Yes, the guy is a growing legend. I think he originally choose anonymity because he wanted to join in without intimidating regulars by their reputation. That is if I remember right.

I understand that SlagA.

Well, now everybody is interested!

Stop waving your cock in our faces!

Who is it...

(i know you won't say)

Quote: YesNo @ July 27 2009, 8:18 PM BST

Yes. I work full time as a writer and I've written for well over 100 shows. I'm not bothered if you don't believe me, but it's the truth. You could always ask Mark, because he knows exactly what I've done, for better or worse.

I've had sex with Kylie Minogue. I'm not bothered if you don't believe me, but it's the truth.

You could always ask Mark.

Oh give it a bleedin' rest.

*despairs*

Quote: don rushmore @ July 27 2009, 8:31 PM BST

You could always ask Mark.

Who has the photo's to prove it!

Quote: YesNo @ July 27 2009, 8:28 PM BST

I'm early 40s.

Well thank goodness for that, if you'd been 30 or under I would have killed myself. Or you maybe. Probably you. That way I'm not dead.

Quote: zooo @ July 27 2009, 8:34 PM BST

Oh give it a bleedin' rest.

*despairs*

Quite.

It'd be a bit crazy to expect lotsa quality sketches and whatnot on a public access internet forum ...and if there were, the site'd have a higher rep which'd result in more people coming just to read them, that'd lead onto more people posting sketches and the ratio would go right back down again.

I don't see what's wrong with Mr Rushmore stating his opinions of sketches and whatnot.

Quote: sardines @ July 27 2009, 9:19 PM BST

I don't see what's wrong with Mr Rushmore stating his opinions of sketches and whatnot.

I think people don't like it when he, or anyone else, just says 'It's Shit'. That kind of response obvioulsy leads to aggro and bad feeling. Even if it does make you snigger at times.