The standard of writing on this website Page 13

Just want to add my own two cents here even if someone mentioned it before.

regardless of standard critique is just a place to get a bit of feedback from people who are in the same boat as you, a fresh set of eyes, and if it helps improve your writing there's nothing wrong with that.

Have to give some praise actually the critique forum is very friendly on the most part so thanks for making my job easier :D

rant over.

I also found critique as a writer is a great way of feeling less alone.

Quote: chipolata @ July 28 2009, 12:55 PM BST

Even if every sketch in Crit was dreadful, why would that matter? If people get something from posting stuff, what right has anybody to sneer? Sure, some might be deluding themselves, but who cares. We all delude ourselves to some extent.

Yes, 100% agree.

Quote: Marc P @ July 28 2009, 12:58 PM BST

Where is Chip and what have you done with him?

Laughing out loud

Quote: sootyj @ July 28 2009, 2:38 PM BST

I also found critique as a writer is a great way of feeling less alone.

Bang on the nail. And this is a rare gift to any writer. The writer's life can be very isolating. Few tell their friends or family. They take rejection after rejection. It's nice to find a place of like-minded souls who are going through the same pain and joy.

Quote: SlagA @ July 28 2009, 4:44 PM BST

It's nice to find a place of like-minded souls who are going through the same pain and joy.

I heard that said at my local S&M club.

Really, where do you buy your gags?

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2009, 6:07 PM BST

Really, where do you buy your gags?

At the local chain store. I'll send you a... link.

Quote: Morrace @ July 28 2009, 6:06 PM BST

I heard that said at my local S&M club.

I'm into a bondage and such like, I'm also dyslexic.

You should have seen the LOOK on the shop assistants face in 'H&M', when I asked her to tie me up on my mobile sex swing, above the changing room sign.