The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 767

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th April 2023, 4:00 PM

That looks amazing

Isn't it though!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th April 2023, 12:54 PM

This could be one of the closest season run ins in decades, but I can't see City letting them off this slip up now.

It'll need to be won with a goal difference of less than 8 to be closer than the 2011/12 season.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th April 2023, 12:54 PM

Have Arsenal thrown their title challenge away? 2 -0 up and cruising until their old enemy, player indiscipline turned the game on its head. Extremely lucky to come away with a point in the end. This could be one of the closest season run ins in decades, but I can't see City letting them off this slip up now.

Let's hope so. Blue is always the colour (except when it's chocolate and amber).

Villa easily handled #3 Newcastle 3-0. Seven wins out of their last eight games. Too bad they didn't switch coaches earlier in the season.

Ipswich 6 - Charlton 0, and effin' good job too after they decimated the Ipswich team a few years back when The Town were on their knees.

In the top two at last and challenging for the top spot.

Here's hoping for the Championship!

Quote: DaButt @ 15th April 2023, 4:21 PM

Villa easily handled #3 Newcastle 3-0. Seven wins out of their last eight games. Too bad they didn't switch coaches earlier in the season.

It is, especially as three of the usual top 4 contenders have imploded and 3rd & 4th are looking very nervy. Should still get into Europa league on this form.

Congratulations Wrexham, and I see my boys The Town Super Blue Trac'or Boys are continuing with the cracking results at the top of League One. I'm going to regret that now, with my mockers accolade

And my beloved Hudds are clinging to just above the relegation zone.
Warnock has done wonders with our jaded lackluster players but his fairy dust only lasts so long.

If we survive and Warnock is definitely going at the end of the season we can expect much of the same next year.

Cracking goal in the Aberdeen v Rangers match! - Celtic loanee too

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12864576/liam-scales-gives-aberdeen-unlikely-lead-from-long-range

A bit of a disastrous month or so but unbelievably Sutton United are set for their third season in the fourth division.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2023, 4:10 PM

A bit of a disastrous month or so but unbelievably Sutton United are set for their third season in the fourth division.

Did I hear that their trophy room was broken into and the thieves stole the carpet?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th April 2023, 4:29 PM

Did I hear that their trophy room was broken into and the thieves stole the carpet?

Sutton United have won dozens of trophies.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2023, 5:57 PM

Sutton United have won dozens of trophies.

Not in 1963 though.

Daniel Levy: "The ultimate responsibility is mine"... ...So I'm sacking the manager.

Police insist the FA Cup Final should kick off at 3pm instead of the scheduled 5.30. Brilliant decision. That's the way it should be. The rest of the World will buy it anyway.