The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 762

The Ted Lasso of the premier league (Jesse Marsch) seems to be playing out the famous Morecambe and Wise sketch.
He has all the right players - but not necessarily in the right order.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th February 2023, 8:19 PM

It seems all may not be rosy at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola down to 5/1 second favourite with Paddy Power to be the next manager to go. (9/2 with Skybet)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th February 2023, 8:39 AM

The Ted Lasso of the premier league (Jesse Marsch) seems to be playing out the famous Morecambe and Wise sketch.
He has all the right players - but not necessarily in the right order.

Ha ha. They let him bring in 3 compatriot USA players and then sack him. Now we have a team of very fit headless chickens trained to play soccerball whatever that is.

Hovering in the red zone again with two MU games on the bounce. But we now have the feared New Manager Bounce so we'll win em both, lol. Football's turning into a long running sitcom.

And I wrote that before his sacking was announced.
I was not surprised though, they have some brilliant players but not much cohesion.
The young Gnoto (19) could be anything.

Peterborough 0 Bolton 5

I bloody love football me

Nathan Jones sacked then. Mary Wilson and her fellow-Supremes will be devastated.

If VAR can't get it right what is the point?

There's a simple way to sort the problem - scrap the offside rule altogether!! AND you would then have a more exciting game too!

You can't scrap it

But it's does need radically changing

Needs to favour the attackers much more than the defenders certainly

Chalking off goals cos the striker was about an eighth of a friggin inch offside

It's bullshit

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th February 2023, 11:44 PM

You can't scrap it

Honestly, I would like to know why - to me it's just an archaic rule that probably meant something in days of yore, that now needs kicking into touch, and it would stop all the debate and argument once and for all

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th February 2023, 11:33 PM

There's a simple way to sort the problem - scrap the offside rule altogether!! AND you would then have a more exciting game too!

That rule still baffles me. I thought it was just because I wasn't born and raised with the game, but the fact that the UK had to explain the rule in the back of a coin tells me that it probably needs changing.

It's to stop, what was called 'camping.
Where a player could just stand by the goalkeeper waiting for a long ball over the defence.

"Goal-hanging" we used to call it.

Then just have a defender or two standing with them - I still say it is a shit rule that ruins the game, which can have an exciting run at goal spoilt because some player's pinkie finger is over some imaginary line decided upon by one or two officials, in the heat of the moment.

Farcical.

"Gary Neville sends brutal message to Sean Dyche with angry reaction to Everton manager..."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/gary-neville-sends-brutal-message-to-sean-dyche-with-angry-reaction-to-everton-manager/ar-AA17s4Gk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a35c75abc1314787b6900fbdd1e9fc5d

Of course Neville was such a success himself in his four months as a manager at Valencia with 3 wins in 16 games, no clean sheets, a 7-0 loss to Barcelona and a red card in a Europa L:eague fixture v Bilbao.