The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 764

Great performance
Should have been nine nil

Fantasy football wise it wasn'rt great for me
But who cares Was it Man U's worst defeat in 90 odd years
Love it

Great result. Let's hope Liverpool get over cocky now.

Continuing with football grounds scran.

Man City - fish, chips and mushy peas £10

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th March 2023, 9:23 AM

Continuing with football grounds scran.

Man City - fish, chips and mushy peas £10

I don't think I've ever had any football ground food. It's always over-priced and tastes like crap.

Are we getting what we finally want? Instead of mindless chat and ex-players pontificating about was good or bad will we get more action from the actual matches?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th March 2023, 9:18 AM

Are we getting what we finally want? Instead of mindless chat and ex-players pontificating about was good or bad will we get more action from the actual matches?

YES!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th March 2023, 9:10 AM

And as for him and his motley crew not being on Match of the Day - good riddance I say!! It'll be a better programme without the pontificating twats. Many people have wanted this - just watch the footie!! I haven't watched MotD for yonks because I got sick and tired of them prattling on with the benefit of hindsight, aerial views of play, slow motion, freeze frame etc, and then pointing out how that player should have been there, those players shouldn't have left that big gap etc. et f**king cetera. In the heat of play none of what they say has any relevance - it's like they are playing a huge game of Subbuteo.

And one final thing- will somebody tell Lineker that he can't grow a beard, so shave that odd looking stubble he has around his gob.

How much better it was to watch Match of the Day, without a yakking commentator and straight on with the next match without comment from Gaz and his Cronies.

More please!

All 20 mins of it!

They can extend it. Shows how much waffle there may have been

I don't think they can extend it by much. There's a limit to how long the highlights can be in the contract.

Also, it was rubbish. I'm not saying MOTD needs Gary Lineker specifically. But it needs something. If only to meet the minimum requirements of being a television broadcast.

If people just want to see the goals, without the punditry and the waffle, that's already a thing. Sky Sports have been contractually obligated to upload punditry-free highlights of every game to YouTube now for years. Significantly sooner than MOTD gets shown.

MOTD much, much better last night

Well these ex footballers , they're oiks aren't they? They're ill-educated working class types. They don't really know how to speak properly

Also, can we PLEASE keep these girls off the show too? I mean it's fine if they want to start their own little league etc but they really just don't understand the game do they?

Oh hell..scrap all that

Sorry, I really must stop reading Twitter in the morning

Maybe the BBC could get Simon f**king Schama to present it?

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th March 2023, 9:33 AM

All 20 mins of it!

Just goes to show how much bollocks we normally have to put up with.

Back to normal this Saturday.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th March 2023, 4:49 PM

Back to normal this Saturday.

Shame.

Just reposting this.

"MOTD, re'titled Premier League Highlights, without the overpaid and overrated mouths below, drew an extra 500,000 viewers. Perhaps they just wanted to watch the football and not listen to all the chaff!! Hopefully it's a permanent arrangement, plus all the extra money saved."