British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 763

Quote: DaButt @ 14th February 2023, 3:43 AM

That rule still baffles me. I thought it was just because I wasn't born and raised with the game, but the fact that the UK had to explain the rule in the back of a coin tells me that it probably needs changing.

You know me DB. I'm all against the Americanisation of English language and customs over here in the UK, but there is one thing I do agree with, and I hope I didn't dream or imagine this, but.....................

Am I right in thinking that American Soccer has a 5 yard (?) line from the goal line right across the pitch, and a player cannot be offside if they are outside that line, so a player could be inside the 6 yard box in front of the goal and still not be offside, irrespective of where the opposition players are.

From memory, this was done to speed up and make the game more exciting with more goals.

Am I right, or am I going mad?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th February 2023, 12:01 PM

Am I right, or am I going mad?

I'm completely ignorant of American soccer, but it wouldn't surprise me if you're correct. We're always changing the rules to provide more excitement and faster play in our major sports, especially baseball and the NFL and college (American) football.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th February 2023, 12:01 PM

Am I right in thinking that American Soccer has a 5 yard (?) line from the goal line right across the pitch

I think it's Subbuteo you're thinking of.

According to my Niece
Will Ferrell is at QPR tonight

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th February 2023, 8:59 PM

According to my Niece
Will Ferrell is at QPR tonight

I wish he was playing for us. We are shit 😡

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th February 2023, 9:12 PM

Peterborough 0 Bolton 5

I bloody love football me

Bolton 5 MK Dons 0

I really bloody love football me

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th February 2023, 9:33 PM

I wish he was playing for us. We are shit 😡

Ha
she works there, but isn't quite first team ready

Turned it round tonight v Swindon with 2 goals in the last few minutes to win 2-1.

I'm sure some players and supporters started singing God Save the Queen before the women's international.

And then showing what a farce "taking the knee" has become.

Accrington 0 Bolton 2

The whites are going to Wemberleeeee

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd February 2023, 9:59 PM

Accrington 0 Bolton 2

They were there 100 years ago as I recall. I think they beat a white horse in the final if I remember correctly.

Like Tottenham with their so-called "year ending in a 1", Bolton always get to Wembley in a year ending with 23. Probably worth bearing in mind for 2123. Back Bolton to reach Wembley. Get on now. It will be like buying money.

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd February 2023, 9:59 PM

Accrington 0 Bolton 2

And apparently the little Accrington Stanley boy (Oo are they?) is going to prison.

Had a bet on a red card in the Tottenham v Chelsea game. First there was, then there wasn't.

Had a bet on Rashford to score in the League Cup Final. First he had scored and my account was duly credited. Then, 10 minutes later, it turned out he hadn't (it was being treated as an own goal) and my account was duly debited.

Backed a double at Herford races. The first leg won by 17 lengths @ 5/2; the second leg started at a juicy 13/2. Beaten a short-head.

The opposite to Bilko's Perfect Day 😡

That's gambling for you.

Liverpool 7 Man Utd ZERO

🤣🤣🤣