The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 770

Fuuuuuuuuuckk!

That's unbelievable

Yes bad luck on that, it's such a cruel way to miss out on promotion, they should bring back top 3 only but it doesn't make as much money for the league as the knockout games do.
I'm rolling out my scarf to watch another crucial game, this time to save my team going down to the Championship, and it's a real possibility. Will already safe West Ham be taking it easy for their European final or will they be lifted by their semi final win the other night.

And whoever survives out of Everton, Leeds or Leicester can anyone remember a trio of bigger relegated clubs going down? Two of above and Southampton. I bet the championship execs are loving it, could be a huge boost in viewing figures for their highlights prog. Some of their teams might be feeling a bit daunted though.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st May 2023, 12:04 PM

And whoever survives out of Everton, Leeds or Leicester can anyone remember a trio of bigger relegated clubs going down? Two of above and Southampton. I bet the championship execs are loving it, could be a huge boost in viewing figures for their highlights prog. Some of their teams might be feeling a bit daunted though.

1973/74 Manchester United went down, the following year Chelsea went down and two years later Tottenham went down. The following year West Ham & Newcastle went down with Leicester,, followed by Chelsea (again!) the following season.

And of course Manchester City were relegated from the top flight twice in the 80s and were in the third tier as recently as 1998/99 while Wolves were in the 4th Division for two seasons 1986/87 & 1987/88.

And I remember on Boxing Day 1979, Sheffield Wednesday met Sheffield United in Division 3 in front of a record third tier attendance of 49,309.

I hope it's Leeds that stay up as I wouldn't want to see their so-called fans at Portman Road again, after the time they invaded the pitch when the match was over and went to the Bobby Robson stand baying for blood and threatening even women and children, which of course was terrifying for them. It was bloody awful - you wouldn't think there are "people" (Hah!) who could behave like that.

All they are is a load of Cro-Magnon, monobrow, knuckle dragging yobs as far as I'm concerned.

Stay up in the Prem - please!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st May 2023, 3:34 PM

I hope it's Leeds that stay up ... when the match was over and went to the Bobby Robson stand baying for blood and threatening even women and children, which of course was terrifying for them. It was bloody awful - you wouldn't think there are "people" (Hah!) who could behave like that.

All they are is a load of Cro-Magnon, monobrow, knuckle dragging yobs as far as I'm concerned.

Stay up in the Prem - please!

...and that was just the players.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st May 2023, 4:25 PM

...and that was just the players.

Well, you only had to look at McQueen and Bremner - couple of yobs leading by example

Nah Allardyce has bitten off more than he can chew this time

Leeds are absolute f**kin shit

They will go , as will Leicester

Sincerely hope all goes well for Luton tonight - they deserve it after all they have gone through in recent years to get to where they are now

Up The Hatters!!

Brown?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th May 2023, 10:32 AM

Brown?

Wha?

Ummm

Purple

(Just joining in)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th May 2023, 9:46 AM

Sincerely hope all goes well for Luton tonight - they deserve it after all they have gone through in recent years to get to where they are now

Up The Hatters!!

YES! And despite losing their captain who collapsed on the field just 8 minutes in, Luton win on penalties and are in the Prem. Congrats lads!

Eric will be chuffed

Yes, and a bit of trivia, which came up on the local news - it was Eric who got the teams strip changed to orange when he was a director of the club, because the black and white they played in looked too drab according to him.

Predictions for surviving the big drop, I'm going for the 5/1 shot Leicester Foxes to upset the odds again.