British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 774

It's the draw today for the preliminary & extra-preliminary rounds of the FA Cup. And also the early rounds of the FA Trophy & FA Vase.

And the Scottish season starts next Saturday with the opening matches in the League Cup.

I see that Chelsea owners are attempting to expand the ground at the expense of the pensioners flats. Now while they haven't railroaded anyone and there will be a consultation process involving all parities. Also in fairness the club is in an impossible position as it has to expand if the fans want to see players who command a million a week . I just think it would be a sad day if they lose the 'Pensioner' link, as it would be like if Everton had no Toffee Lady.

Is that right Teddy? I know they were going to knock down some flats but surely the real Chelsea Pensioners live at the Hospital.

Anyway anybody up for the World Cup? I've got Zambia in my local radio station's sweep. Interestingly Zambia have a player who was banned from a previous tournament because of her testosterone level. She's back in this tournament though.

Anyone found a good online guide to the Women's fixtures and groups etc
In the olden days we'd have had a pull-out-and-keep wall-chart.

Yes you'll find one inbetween the makeup drawer and the shoe drawer. (joke)

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2023, 10:56 AM

They had one in the Daily Mail yesterday 😁

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/pdf/2023/07/wwc-pull.pdf

Ta.

Oh, and you are most welcome - my little tease, as I didn't think you would touch anything to do with the Mail, no matter what.

Well - it's The Irish Daily Mail - which isn't quite as grim.
But I'm willing to acknowledge a nicely laid out chart when I see one.
Plus they've included a picture of a black woman - so perhaps they're mellowing?

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2023, 10:56 AM

In the olden days there wouldn't have been a women's World Cup.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st July 2023, 5:23 PM

In the olden days there wouldn't have been a women's World Cup.

This is true.

I love the fact that the BBC and ITV are showing most of the games live. You'd think one one of them would show a highlights package.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st July 2023, 5:13 PM

Plus they've included a picture of a black woman - so perhaps they're mellowing?

Naughty, Naughty

Woah, I'm finding my feelings about women's football changing.
Japan V Zambia is a cracking match.

The Zambian women look like Amazon warriors and the Japanese are small and nippy.
A magnificent spectacle and a good game with great skills.

Let me know when they are playing in the nude, then I'll watch 😛