The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 779

Well my lot second from bottom in the league won away at third division Wycombe (one of our traditional old enemies) in the League Cup.

We could now get a big one in the next round.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th August 2023, 6:34 AM

Well my lot second from bottom in the l away at second division Wycombe (one of our traditional old enemies in the League Cup.

That was fun. It's a long time since i've played that old "Beat the Clock" game where you have to re-arrange a lot of words into something that makes sense. I didn't succeed mind you but I enjoyed trying.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2023, 7:58 PM

He may have done and said other questionably pervy stuff in the past - and this incident is the chance they can use to get shot of the weirdo

That's as maybe, but to briefly kiss a receptive woman who was obviously excited in the heat of the moment, at a very momentous occasion is hardly sexual assault, but then all the media jump on the woke wagon and blow it all up out of proportion - what happened to just reporting the news, and not interpreting it in a perverted way.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th August 2023, 9:12 AM

That's as maybe, but to briefly kiss a receptive woman who was obviously excited in the heat of the moment, at a very momentous occasion is hardly sexual assault, but then all the media jump on the woke wagon and blow it all up out of proportion - what happened to just reporting the news, and not interpreting it in a perverted way.

TV hasn't "just" reported the news since Brexit and covid. Instead they insist on bringing in "experts" with their opinions and forecasts, which previously would have been the province of such as Newsnight and Panorama. That's why I've given up watching the TV news. The five minute bulletins on the likes of radio 2 and commercial music stations are all I need to know what's going on without any agenda.

Let's find somewhere that is alight, let's find somewhere that is flooding, let's find somewhere where it's really hot.
The news in a nutshell.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th August 2023, 7:57 AM

That was fun. It's a long time since i've played that old "Beat the Clock" game where you have to re-arrange a lot of words into something that makes sense. I didn't succeed mind you but I enjoyed trying.

My bloody F***ing laptop. I'm getting fed up with it. I think it's consigned to being replaced.

Mine's been close to being thrown out the window a number of times, but as I only use it for Skype/Zoom, there it sits taunting me - thank heavens for my good old tower, which I use 99% of the time.

If it's warm enough I plan to wear my orange "Just stop pissing everyone off" t-shirt to this afternoon's home game against Forest Green Rovers.

They are owned by that Vince Dale or Dale Vince who endorsed the demonstrations on motorways etc where people glued themselves to things or sat down in the middle of the motorway.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd September 2023, 11:22 AM

If it's warm enough I plan to wear my orange "Just stop pissing everyone off" t-shirt to this afternoon's home game against Forest Green Rovers.

They are owned by that Vince Dale or Dale Vince who endorsed the demonstrations on motorways etc where people glued themselves to things or sat down in the middle of the motorway.

Better still, why don't you glue yourself to their team coach, thus seriously delaying their journey home?

I assume they use a coach (as opposed to walking from Sutton station). What do they run it on?

I'd pay good money to see that - Chappers glued to the side of a coach as it hurtled down the motorway.

Playing Derby County today

The nephew of Cat from Red Dwarf on the bench for them!

Wrexham got a decent away win today
So they are finding their feet a bit at the higher level

Not so much for my beloved Leyton Orient
Looks like they are struggling so far in League one

Ipswich coming from 0 - 2 down against Cardiff to score 3 (2 from a sub), putting them 2nd in the league, one point behind PNE.

With all these premiership games having about 15 minutes tagged on - I think there's gonna be a lot of dramatic late winners

Fergie would have been in his element!

Brentford 2 Tottenham 2
Tottenham 2 Man Utd 0
Bournemouth 0 Tottenham 2
Burnley 2 Tottenham 5

So is it Harry Kane that's been holding Tottenham back all these years?