The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 749

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th September 2022, 8:39 AM

They want relegating after that show.
Southgate picking his old mates despite their recent bad form and fitness.
One more game before the real thing.

I thought we had another two more non EN friendlies in October? Southgate's form is more worrying than the players he picks. Started off over cautious with us playing dull defensive football then we suddenly broke all qualifying soring records and topped the goal charts in Euro20 finals, then we haven't scored in open play since. If he was coach of any premier club bar Liverpool he'd have been chopped. We're lumbered with him for the next ten years whatever the results, because he's a wokey.

No there aren't any more warm up games after Germany. The World Cup will be a success if it gets rid of Southgate. We have no chance of trophies with him in charge.

Prem players made to have the Covid jab

Watford have sacked manager Bob Edwards (no me neither), after just 11 matches in charge, and replaced him with Slaven Bilic, who will be their ninth "permanent" boss since 2018.

Owner Gino Pozzo said "As with all decisions taken by the board, I believe this change to be in the best interests of the club".

Clearly the previous eight such decisions taken by the board turned out, in their view, not, after all, to be in the best interests of the club. Maybe it is the board that needs to be replaced because of their poor decision making and not the manager.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th September 2022, 2:04 PM

Watford have sacked manager Bob Edwards (no me neither), after just 11 matches in charge, and replaced him with Slaven Bilic, who will be their ninth "permanent" boss since 2018.

Owner Gino Pozzo said "As with all decisions taken by the board, I believe this change to be in the best interests of the club".

Clearly the previous eight such decisions taken by the board turned out, in their view, not, after all, to be in the best interests of the club. Maybe it is the board that needs to be replaced because of their poor decision making and not the manager.

17th boss in 10 years.

Bugger, we were going to have a kick about on there

It's meant for all the local crack heads.

Something's not right here.

Chelsea have 4 England internationals plus 2 other English players. Another one coming on now making 7 on the pitch.

Bet that's the most home-grown we've had on the pitch for some time.

Women's International Football

I'd probably watch more women's football, if it was like this.......
(owing to the nanny state, you need be over 21. Please press Watch on You Tube)

Can't be arsed to sign in for that but England v USA women's international on now.

It was shirts off with shameless women showing their bare chests.
Maybe you'll log in now.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th October 2022, 8:58 PM

It was shirts off with shameless women showing their bare chests.
Maybe you'll log in now.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2022, 7:59 PM

Can't be arsed to sign in for that but England v USA women's international on now.

Sign in? To You Tube? Apart from which, as Stephen says. you don't know what you are missing. ?

William Hill run a (free) weekly competition on their website in which you have to select 6 games that finish with a total of either 3 or 4 goals. Get all 6 correct and you win £200 in free bets.

My selections this week:

Bournemouth v Leicester (2-1)
Chelsea v Wolves (3-0)
Man City v Soton (4-0)
Clyde v Montrose (1-3)
Peterhead v Falkirk (0-4) and...

Peterboro v Burton (which went to 1-1 after 47 minutes. And stayed there ?)

Soo close.