The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 747

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2022, 7:08 AM

And Alex Scott should be cancelled. She talked about Man Marking.

Waste of space and grossly overrated

I think she's great. Love her enthusiasm.
Poor girl couldn't even speak for the first ten minutes of post-match banter, she was so emotional.
I think it's easy to forget the struggle they've been through - especially her generation.

Of course.

My missus loved her dress and is now looking for similar to go to her company day out at the races.

But, there is a female commentator (don't know her name) that irritates me with her condescending comments during a game.

She is still learning her commentating trade so she gets a pass so far.......

For example - during the game, 'You have to score goals if you want to win the match. And, 'If it's not on target, it's not going in. etc.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st August 2022, 10:15 AM

Of course.

My missus loved her dress and is now looking for similar to go to her company day out at the races.

But, there is a female commentator (don't know her name) that irritates me with her condescending comments during a game.

She is still learning her commentating trade so she gets a pass so far.......

For example - during the game, 'You have to score goals if you want to win the match. And, 'If it's not on target, it's not going in. etc.

I thought the commentary was below par.
They seemed a bit to tied up in what it all meant for women's football, rather than what was going on on the pitch.
Also, the side-kick role is normally to give a more critical viewpoint - this one was just echoing the main commentator.

That was a proper cup final reaction by Scott, showed the Krauts we have a bit of fire and won't put up with their cynical fouls. Team was superbly managed by the ultra cool Dutch woman, her selection and timing of subs was the winning factor throughout the tourney.

I read that the Germans were probably the stronger team on the night but it didn't look that way to me, I thought we looked classier in our moves from deep. Walsh was my pick of the match, and probably the whole event, Gerrard like passing.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st August 2022, 10:15 AM

Of course.

Just use the covers of your 1970s sofa. Retro but pretty.

I have to say though, both of these sides would finish bottom of EFL 2

Yes, they would lose to Rochdale

Nice pony tails though ??

I'm really chuffed we won

But the way people are talking you'd think we had 11 suffragettes on the field

Our women win a game of footy and it's one of the greatest moments in the history of women's struggles against inequality and sexism

If Germany had won? Meh who gives a shit!

I've been watching Jill Scott (Crouchie) playing for England for almost 10 years I think and always loved her commitment.

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st August 2022, 5:39 PM

I'm really chuffed we won

But the way people are talking you'd think we had 11 suffragettes on the field

Our women win a game of footy and it's one of the greatest moments in the history of women's struggles against inequality and sexism

If Germany had won? Meh who gives a shit!

"What a moment for women! In an age where our very existence is being denied, the Lionesses' glorious show of bold femininity is truly iconic, writes JULIE BURCHILL"

What the f**k are you prattling on about??

Have had three spread bets on players' goals this season:

Kieran Trippier (Newcastle) to score 2+ goals (scored 2 in 6 games last season)

Gabriel Magalhães (Arsenal) to score 3+ goals (scored 5 last season)

Marc Guéhi (Crystal Palace) to score 2+ goals (scored 4 last season)

(Bets void if fewer than 10 games played. To cover for long term injury or last minute transfers out of the Premier League)

Not much downside there I feel and hopefully potential for more than a little upside. Of course I could be wrong...

Planning to put my usual tenner each way on Manure to win the league just in case they do.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th August 2022, 8:37 PM

Planning to put my usual tenner each way on Manure to win the league just in case they do.

Stenhouse Manure?

Southend United's West Stand has been sponsored by local estate agents Gilbert & Rose.

So, for the coming season, the Roots Hall faithful will be ensconced in The Gilbert & Rose West Stand. They may have to re-think that.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southend-rose-west-stand-name-27646134.amp

Klopp can't keep it shut can he. Whingeing again. "Oooh the pitch was too hard!"

He's getting worse than Ferguson. Are we going to get this every game?

Has anything interesting happened this weekend? Apart from Sutton thinking they'd conceded a stoppage time equaliser (again) only for it to be ruled out as it was indirect free kick for offside.