The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 745

An exciting match against Spain. The womens game is finally gettingvas exciting as the mens game

Fantastic goal!

Yes that was a well leathered strike at goal. But England were outplayed for most of that game, and the stats are a worry. And they were a team who've never reached a semi before, so how will we cope with Sweden (probably) next who regularly make semis and then the Krauts who regularly win finals? ?

Agreed.
The overall quality, though -to my eyes, at least - has progressed massively in there last few years.
It used to be unwatchable.

I've been a semi (!) supporter of England for a number of years now. Some brilliant football and skills. But why do they have to give the supporters signs with goal on them? Presumably the other side says VAR.

I'm watching Women's football again. Whats wrong with me?

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd July 2022, 9:40 PM

I'm watching Women's football again. Whats wrong with me?

There's no other football on TV.

F**king fantastic.
What a performance by the women.
Genuinely emotional at their reception after the whistle.
Roll on Sunday.

Roll on Friday you mean.
Huddersfield Town V Burnley.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th July 2022, 10:29 PM

Roll on Friday you mean.
Huddersfield Town V Burnley.

It's a heavy pencil in the diary.

I loved that a Swede girl tried to foul an English girl by grabbing her to slow her down.
Except she got a big handful of boob as she pulled her down.
Not a word from the commentators as the whole country laughed.

I'm amazed those pony-tails don't get a tug more often.

So, it's England V ze Germans in the final on Sunday.
Alexandra Popp is formidable. She won the gold medal for Germany in the Olympics.
We think it's all over....

Don't mention the war............

Well I thought both the French and the Germans looked inferior to our Women last night. Just need to concentrate, do nothing stupid and play our best game.