The Weather Page 197

The first scientist that conclusively proves that man-made climate change is irrelevant to the current warming of the Earth will become a billionaire overnight. Just about every major energy company, government, airline, car manufacturer and major business will hand out blank cheques to anyone who can manage to do that. So if these arch capitalist scientist pigs just do things for them dolla dolla bills y'all, then they're really going about it all wrong with all these buzzkill-y "We should probably stop mindlessly burning down everything or literally everyone is going to die" research papers.

I will admit that "There's actually loads of evidence that man-made climate change is made up, but I cant show it to you because you're not allowed to write it down" is a fantastic counterpoint. Basically irrefutable. Strong stuff.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th August 2022, 10:29 AM

I wish it would here in the East. Supposed to this afternoon, with a bloody good storm, which I love, but may dissuade me from standing in the pouring rain, which I said I would do - the air is so thick, you could cut it with a butter knife.

It worked!! Just started raining. ?

Stripped off and ran around the garden, as I said I would, but it was a bit of a shock to the old dear next door, who was getting her washing in - she did have a smile though, and a come hither look on her face.

Just started to piss down of rain - thank heavens for that! Already feel better just hearing it.

Note to whoever does the weather

Please can you stop making it absolutely f**king piss it down every day at precisely 5.30pm , just as I leave work to go home

C*nts

I'm flying to Denver to see my daughter and grandkids for Christmas. I just checked the forecast, and Thursday's high temperature is expected to be -4F/-20C. The low will be -12F/-25C. I might perish.

Two nights' B&B on the Dorset coast and, like Donovan experienced of old, sunshine came softly through my window today...

It's now March, there's frost on the cars again and I've had enough of the cold, thank you.

To use a phrase you don't her so much these days - it''s perishing.

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd March 2023, 10:01 AM

To use a phrase you don't her so much these days - it''s perishing.

And...........it's flippin' taters (I've no idea what it means or where it comes from)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd March 2023, 10:51 AM

And...........it's flippin' taters (I've no idea what it means or where it comes from)

Cockney Rhyming slang - from "Potatoes in the mould" = cold.
Shortened to 'taters.
I've no idea what 'potatoes in the mould' are/were.

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd March 2023, 11:33 AM

Cockney Rhyming slang - from "Potatoes in the mould" = cold.
Shortened to 'taters.
I've no idea what 'potatoes in the mould' are/were.

Well I never knew that John, cor luvva duck.

Wait while you find out what your April is.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd March 2023, 7:07 AM

Wait while you find out what your April is.

😀
Probably the most convulated one thee is.

Couldn't help singing to myself the old Elton John song "Cold as Christmas in the Middle of the Year" when I went out today. Can't think why!