The Weather Page 192

As a wise man

Once said:

"The wind goes right through you, it's no place for the old"

It's getting a bit lively out here in The Marches

It is ahh, not raining here also.

Message to anyone with a caravan on the Isle of Wight: Conrtulations! You now have a new holiday home in Chichester.

Windspeed of 122mph measured off The Needles!!

I'm watching the planes landing live at Heathrow airport.
The pilots skills are amazing.
There are many 'go-arounds happening at the last second when there's a massive gust.
It's strangely addictive as they come in one by one queuing behind each other in the air.

Watch it live on YouTube, look for big jet tv.

Watched a bit earlier on.
Mental.
Wanted to mute the div talking over it - but that takes a way all the engine noise etc

In Other News: There'll be some kindling to collect round the garden tomorrow - and a fair few logs!

[quote name="Stephen Goodlad" post="1246883" date="18th February 2022, 2:01 PM"
Watch it live on YouTube, look for big jet tv.[/quote]

Just this minute watched a Jumbo land - F**k, there must have been a lot of applauding on that aircraft, and it beggars the question "Why the f**k would you go on a flight in those conditions?!?"

I just lost a perfectly good f**king kite, three quid down the drain. Anyway I still have the string and a used Asda bag in the cupboard so I'll make my own one. Then when I've done that I'll heat a knife up on the cooker and fix the puncture in my Mitre foot ball so I can have a kick around in between gusts.

It seems to be Michael Fish in reverse.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th February 2022, 9:50 PM

Michael Fish in reverse.

That was the Hollies wasn't it?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th February 2022, 10:35 PM

That was the Hollies wasn't it?

Everything he touches turns to dust.

Reminded me yesterday of the Secret Policeman's Ball sketch with Peter Cook and Rowan Atkinson where they are all huddled up outside awaiting the possible end of the world.
'Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?
'No.

To be fair Stephen the weather forecasters are on a hiding to nothing, if they see something they have to say something. The weather reporters on the other hand are sent out to get a story that may not be as dramatic as what their producers want . So they have to go into QVC mode and start chatting bubbles about anything.
It would seem that even the weather is being dragged into the prevailing sense of 'Alternative Views' I wonder what stories they would have had if the forecasters had kept schtum and everyone was out and about and the traffic etc was normal?.
I suspect they would have had more than 4 deaths to report , the trouble is that prevention is hard to quantify or assess. On top of that the media wants whats not there. Well they missed a trick at Heathrow that guy who grab the story of the day was an independent working on his jack. So while he hogged the air play I can assure it will be the last time he corners the market as the Big Guns will be in his spot the next time there is even talk of the wind getting up.

Geri Halliwell presents a weather report to an all-male audience. 'It's raining, men.'

Well that was windy fun but nothing like the storm of 87. I saw lots of branches and twigs strewn across the road but no mature oak trees this time round. And the amount of wheelie bins all over the place goes to show how many people just don't listen to anything. Possibly the same ones who went shopping unmasked when it was mandatory. steam.