Best cameo performances in sitcoms Page 4

Quote: Jane P @ June 8 2009, 7:44 AM BST

Ahh Hugh Laurie - did you see him on Jonathan Ross, Friday?

Yep, he was lovely.
I don't watch House, so I definitely want him back over here.
It was however nice to hear that when Stephen's shooting in LA he stays at Hugh's house and they drive into work together. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ June 8 2009, 2:44 PM BST

Although the script you sent me was rejected, I certainly had you down as 'one to watch'.

So, who are you then? If you do indeed work at a production company? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone. (I will tell people)

One that immediately springs to mind, which always makes me crack up is on Fawlty Towers when a doctor (played by the one and only Geoffrey Palmer) orders sausages and they never arrive, later on he's in the hotel kitchen cooking them himself. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2009, 2:54 PM BST

So, who are you then? If you do indeed work at a production company? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone. (I will tell people)

:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2009, 2:54 PM BST

Matthew! And just a few days after we had made our peace with each other, too. :)

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ June 6 2009, 12:12 AM BST

There were a few good Cameos/Guest appearances:S in Seinfeld.
I'm still scared of Raquel Welch, & I wouldn't mess with Bette Midler

Marisa Tomei was my favourite.

d.

Quote: smutchin @ June 8 2009, 3:51 PM BST

Marisa Tomei was my favourite.

d.

Or how about Jon Voight biting Kramer! :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2009, 3:53 PM BST

Or how about Jon Voight biting Kramer! :D

Oh yes, how could I forget that one - The Mom & Pop Store is one of the best Seinfeld episodes ever.

d.

'Hopefully it's not the one I've got a development deal on now' - not unless you're writing under a different name.

Not with your company, obviously.

I certainly had you down as 'one to watch'.

One to watch? In a positive sense, I trust?

I wish you the very best of luck with your writing in the future.

Aw, schucks, thanks! Perhaps you'd like to read a new one. It is rated by none other than Seefacts. Though my agent advised me today that, despite enjoying much of it, it is probably unbroadcastable with the current pilot plot.

Anyway, got to get back to work on my new fun, silly, multi-camera sitcom set in a wacky Air Crash Investigation office - must fly! Wave

Richard Wilson in 'One Foot In The Grave'

Leonard Rossiter in 'Rising Damp'

I'm a winner, Tim; big and strong.

I can count Pat Sharp, Mick Brown and Paul Coia as close personal friends.
I've mixed it up with Kevin Bacon on the set of Hollow Man, and played golf with Danny Glover.

If you don't want my help, fine.

I don't need to be loved on this site, or even liked. I only have one wish. This wish being: for my words to be taken more seriously on The BCG.

All the best,

Don. Sometimes Don(na)

Brad Pitt in Friends was very funny although more of a guest appearance than cameo. Will & Grace always had fabulous guest turns but the one that always makes me laugh is Robin Williams in one of the very early series of Friends.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 9 2009, 11:45 AM BST

I'm a winner, Tim; big and strong.

I can count Pat Sharp, Mick Brown and Paul Coia as close personal friends.
I've mixed it up with Kevin Bacon on the set of Hollow Man, and played golf with Danny Glover.

If you don't want my help, fine.

I don't need to be loved on this site, or even liked. I only have one wish. This wish being: for my words to be taken more seriously on The BCG.

All the best,

Don. Sometimes Don(na)

Laughing out loud

Paul Coia? Wow! Any plans for another series of Paul Coia's Hill Challenge? (A real comedy fan will get this reference.)

I once diagnosed Chris Tarrant with flu and know Ann Widdecombe's brother. I also threw a pint of beer over Al Murray had a drink with Ian St John in a London hotel.

We should get together and exchange old theatrical anecdotes.

Frank Finlay in 'Blackadder' as the Witchsmeller Persuivant. Brilliant performance. Cameo? Guest appearance? The decision is yours.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 12:35 PM BST

We should get together and exchange old theatrical anecdotes.

Such as 'Who's Mick Brown?'...

Dan

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 12:35 PM BST

*Paul Coia? Wow! Any plans for another series of Paul Coia's Hill Challenge? (A real comedy fan will get this reference.)

I don't get it, does this mean I don't really like comedy? Teary