Best cameo performances in sitcoms Page 6

:P It's as good as written.

And to continue the A Team theme, why not cast Mr T in a twist to his BA Baracus role? In the sitcom, he's not scared of flying, but ironically is scared of invesigating flying disasters.

...Idea for George Peppard Sitcom set in the kitchens of a bunch of wacky mercenary caterers. Lead's catchphrase, "I love it when a flan comes together".

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 3:49 PM BST

:P It's as good as written.

And to continue the A Team theme, why not cast Mr T in a twist to his BA Baracus role? In the sitcom, he's not scared of flying, but ironically is scared of invesigating flying disasters.

...Idea for George Peppard Sitcom set in the kitchens of a bunch of wacky mercenary caterers. Lead's catchphrase, "I love it when a flan comes together".

Tim, now you're just being silly. :)

But on a more serious note, I have to decide this afternoon, which dead celebrity I am going to bring back to life first.

The three on my short-list are: Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Lenny Henry.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 9 2009, 3:56 PM BST

Tim, now you're just being silly. :)

If you don't write it, Lineham will, mark my words. He's working on a number of A-Team related pilots at the moment. Including a multi-camera, studio-based, audience-based, free-base, sitcom set in the wacky world of children's face painting. Starring Dirk Benedict (aka 'Face') as the "American one from Celebrity Big Brother".

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 12:35 PM BST

I once diagnosed Chris Tarrant with flu

Couldn't you have diagnosed him with something more serious?

Quote: Badge @ June 9 2009, 7:10 PM BST

I was a medical student at his GP practice in Esher at the time. I was qualified to diagnose anything more serious.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 7:12 PM BST

I was a medical student at his GP practice in Esher at the time.

Are you taught at college how to try diversion tactics whilst delivering bad news, or is that something only some doctors practice? :)

I had a very interesting 'conversation' in a hospital where the doctor didn't want to tell me the bad news so kept pointing out things in the newspaper on my bed, the view out of the window, etc, anything to avoid the actual subject. It was actually quite funny... in a weird way.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 7:12 PM BST

I was a medical student at his GP practice in Esher at the time.

I didn't even know Chris Tarrant ran a GP practice.

EDIT: "his GP's practice".

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 9 2009, 7:22 PM BST

Are you taught at college how to try diversion tactics whilst delivering bad news, or is that something only some doctors practice? :)

I had a very interesting 'conversation' in a hospital where the doctor didn't want to tell me the bad news so kept pointing out things in the newspaper on my bed, the view out of the window, etc, anything to avoid the actual subject. It was actually quite funny... in a weird way.

As an anaesthetist I tend to distract patients by putting them to sleep.

Otherwise, I recommend performing an impressive slight-of-hand card trick to distract them whilst you're breaking the bad news.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 7:32 PM BST

As an anaesthetist I tend to distract patients by putting them to sleep.

Otherwise, I recommend performing an impressive slight-of-hand card trick to distract them whilst you're breaking the bad news.

Or performing surgery?

Quote: Timbo @ June 9 2009, 7:43 PM BST

Or performing surgery?

For that I would recommend a wacky T-shirt with an ironic slogan on it, e.g. How's My Dissection? Call 1-800-FUCK-OFF-AND-MIND-YOUR-OWN-BUSINESS.

Who need laughing gas when you're got a T-shirt?

Peter Sellers in Sykes was a great guest appearance.

That was funny, lots of corpsing too IIRC.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 9 2009, 1:48 PM BST

:O

Ditto.

Quote: Badge @ June 9 2009, 7:10 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 9 2009, 7:32 PM BST

Isn't that more or less a ... thing. Um. Where you say the same thing twice, but in different ways. The word escapes me.

And I'll add in Moira Lister in Only When I Laugh.

Oh, don and Tim, please keep your extremely thinly-veiled bitching and snide comments to yourselves.

Quote: Aaron @ June 10 2009, 12:40 PM BST

Oh, don and Tim, please keep your extremely thinly-veiled bitching and snide comments to yourselves.

I can happily confirm, that Tim and I have kissed and made up. In the future, the only gentle ribbing between us, will be of a purely sexual nature. <3

Quote: don rushmore @ June 10 2009, 3:10 PM BST

I can happily confirm, that Tim and I have kissed and made up. In the future, the only gentle ribbing between us, will be of a purely sexual nature. <3

Is it carved in stone Don?

Well that doesn't work seeing as it's a new page now. :(