CBBC: New Stories for the Next Generation Page 3

With regards to the tourette's idea, I find it interesting but remember the shows got to be entertaining as well. Like M.I. High and Young Dracula.

I've just finished mine though, will be sending it off weds hopefully. Also, with the e-mail print out, does it matter if your print out has cut off the bit where you talk about yourself? I can't change mine so I don't know what to do! :O

Just include another sheet of paper about yourself and staple it to the original bit of paper.

Quote: Antrax @ June 11 2009, 6:02 PM BST

Just noticed the FAQ - asked about whether comedy is allowed it says along the lines of 'not sitcom, but comedy drama'.

Missed that. Have to start again...

Annoyingly, now their website has an interview where they love the idea of getting comedy. Make your mind up...

Maybe they don't know 100% what they'd like until they get it.

Q&A with Head Of CBBC Drama and Acquisitions, Steven Andrew: http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/insight/cbbc_qanda.shtml

Dan

I've noticed in a lot of the scripts they have on the BBC Writersroom that there aren't really any physical descriptions of the characters, is that optional? Because I have an idea of what I would want my characters to look like...

Quote: Marooned @ June 24 2009, 8:33 PM BST

I've noticed in a lot of the scripts they have on the BBC Writersroom that there aren't really any physical descriptions of the characters, is that optional? Because I have an idea of what I would want my characters to look like...

I think it's probably worth avoiding unless it's necessary for the story, or illustrate character (i.e: saying something like - blonde, unnaturally tall - is best avoided, whereas something like - goth - would probably be fine, as it would be relevant to the character). Otherwise you limit what the director can do.

Quote: Antrax @ June 24 2009, 10:55 PM BST

I think it's probably worth avoiding unless it's necessary for the story, or illustrate character (i.e: saying something like - blonde, unnaturally tall - is best avoided, whereas something like - goth - would probably be fine, as it would be relevant to the character). Otherwise you limit what the director can do.

Okay, thanks for that.

Only mention the physical decription if it's relevant. E.g that a character has a red hair if later they're teased and called carrot top. Age is important - especially when dealing with child characters - a 6 year old is very differrent to a 8 year old.

Well, that's mine sent off. Fingers crossed. Fortunately not for long though, there's a nice, swift, turnaround it seems.

I sent one in, never written a kids show before, but this felt like a nice break from hammering away at the sitcoms.

Yeah, it was certainly good to try something new.

Good luck everybody. :)

Sent mine off on Friday, it was nice to write something so different from what I'd usually write. Only trouble is, I can't seem to get back in to sitcom writing now!

:D

I sent one in, never written a kids show before, but this felt like a nice break from hammering away at the sitcoms.

Sent mine off on Friday, it was nice to write something so different from what I'd usually write. Only trouble is, I can't seem to get back in to sitcom writing now!

So do you two guys only write sitcoms. (usually)

After being egged on by Gav and others, I have started and finished an entry for this today, leaving it a bit late, migh get there but has been a fun exercise none the less, who knows could use it somewhere else.

Good luck all.