The Goodies Page 2

Quote: Tuumble @ October 24 2009, 10:20 PM BST

Wasn't there a Rita Acapulco and a Beverly Hills too?

That rings a bell.

The Python books were very funny as well.

I did get the one of the recent Goodies DVDs
And it has dated a bit, but I'd definitely keep it in case I ever have children.
It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen when I was younger & still stands up faily well.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 24 2009, 10:28 PM BST

That rings a bell.

The Python books were very funny as well.

Much to his mum and dad's dismay
Horace ate himself one day
He didn't stop to say his grace
He just sat down and ate his face

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/mppoetry.html

Quote: Tuumble @ October 24 2009, 10:32 PM BST

Much to his mum and dad's dismay
Horace ate himself one day
He didn't stop to say his grace
He just sat down and ate his face

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/mppoetry.html

First his nose? & then his ears
And then his whole face dissapeared.
Laughing out loud

Quote: Tuumble @ October 24 2009, 10:20 PM BST

Wasn't there a Rita Acapulco and a Beverly Hills too?

They played a couple of nuns in the Goodies movie All Quiet on the Weston Front. They nearly quit the film because they were required to wear clothes.

Quite amusing. Ken Russell doesn't come out very well in this does he, surprisingly!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 24 2009, 10:28 PM BST

I did get the one of the recent Goodies DVDs
And it has dated a bit, but I'd definitely keep it in case I ever have children.
It was the funniest thing I'd ever seen when I was younger & still stands up faily well.

Which of the DVDs did you get? Only 16 of the BBC episodes have been released. Of those, Saturday Night Grease and Gender Education are the best. Kung Fu Kapers (the Ecky-Thump black pudding episode) was noticeably less amusing than when I watched it at age 6. It's worth tracking down the unreleased stuff, especially It Might As Well Be String, Black and White Beauty, Almost Live, Daylight Robbery on the Orient Express, Scatty Safari, Royal Command and The Goodies Rule OK.

Ollie Reed said he musta been kinky cos he always got the ugly one to take her clothes off, and he said this in front of Glenda Jackson, who was about to take her clothes off! Character.

I'm currently watching the LWT series. Laughed lots at 'Robot' and 'Football Crazy', but some of the other episodes aren't so great. Still some funny stuff in them, though.

Definitely my favourite show from my childhood (yes, even beating Monkey). Although some of it has dated, the best shows are still brilliant and shame that some of those best ones have yet to come out on DVD. I also have 2 of the books, which almost have pride of place on my bookshelf (pride of place is Willy The Kid Book 2, craziest kids book ever)

I saw Bill Oddie walking down Tottenham Court Road a few years ago looking very very miserable. Perhaps it's because they have never repeated the Goodies.

Has there been any official reason why the BBC have never repeated the Goodies?

Cut & Pasted spiel: The Goodies 40th Anniversary Special Event is to be held in Bristol on 7 November 2010. Tim, Bill and Graeme will join Sir Christopher Frayling to discuss and celebrate their unique comic creations and to receive a special award for Excellence In Visual Comedy from Aardman Animations and Bristol's Slapstick Festival. Fee: £10.00 full / £8.00 concessions. Further details about the event (including a link to purchase tickets online and the box office phone number) can be found at http://www.watershed.co.uk/exhibits/2541/

Oooh

Their White Christmas Cast list is a classic.

Emma Dreaming
Arthur White
Chris Muss
Jess Likedee
Juan Swee
Hugh Sterno
Wendy Treetops-Glissen
Ann Children
Liz Ann
"Two Ears" Laybelle
Cindy Snow
Emma Dreaming
Arthur White
Chris Musswith
Avery Crease
Miss Carr
Dai Wright
Mayor Dazebee
Mary Ann Bright
Ann May Hall York Rhys
Mrs B White

Quote: youngian @ October 29 2009, 6:43 PM BST

Has there been any official reason why the BBC have never repeated the Goodies?

Simply, because they left for ITV. Auntie has a very long memory.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 30 2010, 11:39 PM BST

Their White Christmas Cast list is a classic.

Emma Dreaming
Arthur White
Chris Muss
Jess Likedee
Juan Swee
Hugh Sterno
Wendy Treetops-Glissen
Ann Children
Liz Ann
"Two Ears" Laybelle
Cindy Snow
Emma Dreaming
Arthur White
Chris Musswith
Avery Crease
Miss Carr
Dai Wright
Mayor Dazebee
Mary Ann Bright
Ann May Hall York Rhys
Mrs B White

You said that!

Quote: youngian @ October 29 2009, 6:43 PM BST

I saw Bill Oddie walking down Tottenham Court Road a few years ago looking very very miserable. Perhaps it's because they have never repeated the Goodies.

That could be more to do with him suffering from depression.