The Goodies Page 3

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 1 2010, 8:02 AM BST

That could be more to do with him suffering from depression.

No, he's just a miserable bastard, depression's all in the head.

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2010, 7:52 AM BST

You said that!

That was Fred
Nothing to do with me

Whistling nnocently

Just saw this on Facebook:

Goodies fans in the London area are invited to participate in a video for a new release of "Funky Gibbon" being filmed this coming Thursday, 21 October.

"As part of its campaign to raise awareness and funds for gibbon conservation, the International Primate Protection League (IPPL), together with Bill Oddie, is re-releasing the Goodies' hit 1970s single 'The Funky Gibbon'. The track has been re-mastered and features real gibbon sounds. The music video to accompany the song is being filmed in London next Thursday starting from 10AM. The venue is still to be confirmed but looks likely to be the Rainforest Café on Shaftesbury Avenue near Piccadilly Circus tube station.

We have a professional choreographer and dancers lined up and the plan for the video is to have smartly-dressed volunteers who gradually loosen up and join in with the dancing. We are also looking for people to play grumpy pensioners drinking tea and glaring at the dancers, before finally joining in. Participation should be great fun and, of course, it's all for an important cause. We are appealing for as many volunteers as possible to join in. Please register to participate by emailing me at savethegibbon@ippl-uk.org and we will email you the details as they are confirmed. Any queries can also be directed to the same email address.

Thanks and best regards,

Helen, IPPL (UK) Director"

I heard this film sampled in a hard style tune once!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1331874/Has-BBC-got-grudge-Goodies.html
from Daily Mail today

Very good article, thanks.

Poor article, I think. For a start it says: "One [episode], from 1973, is a brilliant pastiche of the arbitrary ­cruelty of the South African regime of the time." Wrong. Filming for the episode took place in December 1974 and it was broadcast on April 21, 1975.

And: "The relationship between them is curious. They worked incredibly closely for more than a decade but have done very little as a threesome since the last Goodies show was broadcast in 1982." Not in the least bit curious, as Bill Oddie became difficult to work with. The reporter also seems to be unaware of Bananaman, Under the Bed and their reunion shows.

And: "Is there anyone aged over 40 who cannot summon up the image of a giant ­kitten tearing down the Post Office Tower (as was) or of an oversized ­Dougal crushing everyone in his path?" Probably most people on the planet over 40 can't imagine these things.

Quote: Kenneth @ November 22 2010, 1:32 PM GMT

And: "Is there anyone aged over 40 who cannot summon up the image of a giant ­kitten tearing down the Post Office Tower (as was) or of an oversized ­Dougal crushing everyone in his path?" Probably most people on the planet over 40 can't imagine these things.

Why over 40? I'm under 40, and I remember it.

Funny things; repeats.

Not liking the repeat now on BBC Two

Could have cleaned it up a bit, shaky and full of blips and black dots

On the remote chance that any Goodies or ISIHAC fans in Sydney will see this today:

Graeme Garden, who's currently in Australia with Jon Naismith, has asked anyone in Sydney who's game for a laugh to apply for FREE tickets to the recording of a TV pilot they're working on. The show is on Thursday 14th April, details of how to apply at: http://bit.ly/hWAYgo

Quote: Kenneth @ April 14 2011, 1:09 AM BST

On the remote chance that any Goodies or ISIHAC fans in Sydney will see this today:

Graeme Garden, who's currently in Australia with Jon Naismith, has asked anyone in Sydney who's game for a laugh to apply for FREE tickets to the recording of a TV pilot they're working on. The show is on Thursday 14th April, details of how to apply at: http://bit.ly/hWAYgo

AAAGHGHGHGGAHAHGHGHGH!!!!!

Why am I only getting this information now???

I'm stuck at work. (and not terribly far from the filming - I could get there in time but I'd have to head back as soon as they started)

:(

Graeme's my favourite goodie too!

Saw an hilarious episode of this the other day - a very melodramatic one involving some kind of frozen pet store and a stuffed horse. I have not seen much of this - but I like it, it pre-dates the surrealism and anarchy of many of my favourites.

Quote: David Carmon @ 29th December 2010, 11:22 PM

Not liking the repeat now on BBC Two

Could have cleaned it up a bit, shaky and full of blips and black dots

The last time I watched a repeat that's what I saw, a shaky picture. Not sure how the Beeb can rectify that so I personally wouldn't fork out for it until someone can verify its picture quality. Quite a few BBC dvds I have of old progs have wobbly pictures. Also would need verifying if censored as it wasn't very PC much like Python. I Can't believe the blacking up scenes would be left in, the Beeb would probably be prosecuted for that these days. :(

I can confirm the box set is uncut; indeed, previous cut scenes have been specifically reinstated.

It's also been fully digitally restored, where possible from original film elements. You really couldn't wish for a better quality release.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_goodies/shop/5887/complete_bbc_collection/

Would that it were available at my local DVD store.