The Goodies

I may have missed it when searching through, but I couldn't find a thread dedicated to the Goodies.

I loved this when I was younger, but having watched it again it's not quite as good as I remember.
I still think it was a fabulous show though.

Goodies ruled! Even though I thought that Greame could be slightly sinister at times. Only three things scare me - crabs, Cybermen and Greame Garden in the Funky Gibbon.

I was a huge fan. Still sing the string song!

The (second version of the) theme tune is my mobile phone's ring tone.

String, string, string, string, everybody loves string.

Me and my sisters (or, my sisters and I, for Aaron's benefit) performed the Funky Gibbon at a talent show. :D

Quote: Balf @ May 1 2009, 7:33 PM BST

Goodies ruled! Even though I thought that Greame could be slightly sinister at times.

As a kid, Graeme was my favourite.

*sigh* I miss The Goodies. Graeme was my favourite too, even though Bill and Tim were funnier.

What was the quiz show they did a few years ago? Channel 4 afternoons?

I went to see The Return Of The Goodies being recorded a few years ago. It was great. :)

I remembr watching the last series whem I was about 5 0r 6. It moved on to ITV by then. I think The Goodies and Men Behaving Badly are the only sitcoms to have been on both BBC amd ITV, not sure though. Anyway, I have a vague reollecion of am episode where the three were on holiday and kept drinking tea all the time

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 3 2009, 8:52 AM BST

I have a vague reollecion of am episode where the three were on holiday and kept drinking tea all the time

Sounds like 'Holidays', where they had an incredibly boring country holiday in a horribly shabby cottage, enlivened only near the end when they start playing music. On the commentary, Bill Oddie suggests this episode's theme of three guys stuck in a crummy building and getting on each other's nerves ("bored! bored! bored!") was a clear precursor to The Young Ones.

Quote: Balf @ May 2 2009, 10:47 AM BST

What was the quiz show they did a few years ago? Channel 4 afternoons?

Beat the Nation.

"Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body"

http://www.rathergood.com/bill

The Goodies books were very funny as well.
I remember their cast list for White Christmas the musical:

Emma Dreaming
Arthur White
Chriss Muss
Jess Likedee
Juan Swee
Hugh Sterno
Wendy Treetops-Glissen
Ann Children
Liz Ann
'Two Ears' Laybelle
Cindy Snow
Emma Dreaming
Arthur White
Chris Musswitt
Avery Crease
Miss Carr
Dai Wright
Mayor Dazebee
Mary Ann Bright
Ann May Hall York Rhys
Mrs B White

Wasn't there a Rita Acapulco and a Beverly Hills too?