Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul Page 4

Yes, a fellow convert. Have you seen much of Mr Show, I've seen them all and have the DVD boxed set. Best one has to be where they haven't got any complaints so do a song about how the slave trade was ended by a white man and how black people should be grateful. Genius.

Still not got around around to watching last week's episode, but just watching ep 2, and (even though I saw much of it in the studio) am rather enjoying it. Some is a bit hit and miss, but it's not that bad.

And as someone who lives in Notting Hill, I can confirm that there are people who really are like the antiques dealer and his customers.
... And as someone who travels around London a lot, I can also confirm that there really are American tourists who act like that.

Bonos "He don't like Mondays" cracked me up. Fantastic skit. The rest was decent.

I liked the coffee shop, the posh bloke with the totty who turns out to be the boss, Antique shop and the obsessively clean girl with her daddy and Madonna and Guy. In fact more good than bad this week. Or are we getting used to the characters?

Quote: Rick Skelton @ April 20, 2007, 10:10 PM

Bonos "He don't like Mondays" cracked me up. Fantastic skit. The rest was decent.

Anything that takes the piss out of Bono and/or Geldof is fine by me. :)

Onob.

Haha. I enjoyed it as much as last weeks and i felt it improved quite a bit. The Chocolatier (sp?) was ceepy but very funny.

Oh and did anyone notice Big Suze looking georgous?

The Chocolatier was very Fast Show, it was good though. I do like the American Tourists and Antique Dealer, but the rest were just o.k.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 20, 2007, 11:36 PM

Oh and did anyone notice Big Suze looking georgous?

Harry was making the most hilarious comments and facial expressions regarding her whilst filming that scene. He really is a dirty old man.

She's also the younger half-sister of TV's Claudia Winkleman.

I wondered why they called her Big Winkleman?

I didn't watch the entire show but the sketches that I saw were very weak.

Quote: Aaron @ April 20, 2007, 11:47 PM

Harry was making the most hilarious comments and facial expressions regarding her whilst filming that scene. He really is a dirty old man.

She's also the younger half-sister of TV's Claudia Winkleman.

All lovely and bootiful. :P

*plays "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder*

for me it's a 50% hit mark. My main gripe with this and many other sketch shows is the constant repetition of skits that should be one offs. like the notting hill antiques shop. sure it's funny once, but when presented with the twelfth version...yes we all saw it coming.

I think if you have a sketch where the humour is principally derived from character (such as Ralph and Ted, Swiss Tony of Fast Show fame) there's no harm in multiple sketches. But when the sketch isn't so reliant on the characters, like the Notting Hill antique shop, it suffers from constant repetition.

Sometimes that can be down to budget constraints though can't it. I'm not necessarily talking about that sketch in particular but often sketch shows probably pay to travel to a location or to build a set and have to get their money's worth. Therefore you might get one or two inspired ideas and some tired stuff.

I really don't like it. I disliked episode 1, so I thought I'd give it one more chance last night, and it was pretty bad. I am a huge fan of "Harry Enfield and Chums", but this is rubbish. It seems very obvious humour to me, such as the fat kids, it's just not funny. The only one I like is the Jose Mouriniho one. And well, the antique dealer who says to that woman "I saw you coming", is also abysmally unfunny.