Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul Page 10

These 2 were on the One Show this evening. I missed the start but I'll have a look on iPlayer as what I did see was hilarious.

Apparently they're doing a tour in October.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th August 2015, 7:35 PM BST

These 2 were on the One Show this evening. I missed the start but I'll have a look on iPlayer as what I did see was hilarious.

Apparently they're doing a tour in October.

Yes I'm a fan.

I think their programme is as good as quite a lot of what they have done and therefore underrated.

Tickets at Brighton are quite reasonable.

Bank Holiday Monday 9.00pm BBC2 - An Evening with.............celebrating their 25 years together on TV, followed by a repeat of Smashie and Nicey - The End of an Era.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2015, 4:49 PM BST

Bank Holiday Monday 9.00pm BBC2 - An Evening with.............celebrating their 25 years together on TV, followed by a repeat of Smashie and Nicey - The End of an Era.

I shall be setting the TiVo accordingly, maybe even stretching to HD. I am looking forward to it already :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2015, 4:49 PM BST

Bank Holiday Monday 9.00pm BBC2 - An Evening with.............celebrating their 25 years together on TV

Oh dear, very disappointed. :( Poor impersonations and the only bits I laughed at were from their old shows.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st August 2015, 10:32 PM BST

Oh dear, very disappointed. :( Poor impersonations and the only bits I laughed at were from their old shows.

I guess I was watching a different show. I thought (some of) the impressions were spot on. Particularly the mannerisms from Harry.

It also confirmed to me that they are getting better with age (although I do like Lee & Lance).

Harry's impressions were better because he's got more of a versatile face. Generally Paul is good with voices and mannerisms.

I especially liked Harry's Tony Blair impression.

Good idea, hit and miss writing I thought, the swearing Stephen Hawkins was awful. Not vintage H&P. Also found it hard to tell which were new unseen sketches not having seen their last series. Also halfway through it suddenly became a Monty Python homage.

Totally eclipsed by their brilliant rocjocmocdoc which looked as fresh as ever. Funniest of that genre by a mile and the best thing they ever did.

I quite enjoyed, I certainly laughed.

SSH was a total miss and why do a character with no voice to impersonate?

I also liked the whole meta thing where there was a story running through out with a proper conclusion.

And it's refreshing to have something actually offensive and fearless on telly.

I enjoyed it.

The brief clip of Farage is from a marvellous sketch he got involved with them.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 31st August 2015, 11:00 PM BST

I guess I was watching a different show. I thought (some of) the impressions were spot on. Particularly the mannerisms from Harry.

It also confirmed to me that they are getting better with age (although I do like Lee & Lance).

"(some of)" - Yes, Ian Hislop, Melvyn Bragg, Ricky Gervais but the rest I struggled with to recognise or think were funny, and by the look of the perplexed audience it must have taken a long time to produce what with stopping to reset scenes etc., which makes me think that it would have made for a better (and cheaper!) prog. if they had got them to present a "best of" clips with anecdotes and outtakes.

Can't agree with you on getting better with age though Doug as for me the best laughs were the Slobs (brarn baby), Kathy's Perry (f**king hysterical) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKF8KkD7rE with Harry's trying to do a Manchester accent at the end, the highly educated surgeons (brilliant), Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson (the football match was genius) etc. etc.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st August 2015, 11:07 PM BST

I especially liked Harry's Tony Blair impression.

?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2015, 10:07 AM BST

Can't agree with you on getting better with age though Doug as for me the best laughs were the Slobs (brarn baby), Kathy's Perry (f**king hysterical) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKF8KkD7rE with Harry's trying to do a Manchester accent at the end, the highly educated surgeons (brilliant), Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson (the football match was genius) etc. etc.

Kathy Burke?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2015, 10:07 AM BST

?

Harry looked the spit of Bliar although he wasn't meant to.

I enjoyed all the old clips and (alas) am old enough to get the Bwian Walden joke but some of the celeb 'guests' stumped me until their names were mentioned. Loved Hislop and Jimmy Carr though :)