Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 8

Did anyone get a prior email about this opportunity?

I'd written something that RFTP liked, but they didn't use it. However, I got an email from the producer of RFTP shortly afterwards and he said that he'd be back in contact about the new Tilt. I never heard anything though!

Perhaps he'll be contacting all the other 'RFTP nearlys' closer to the transmission of 7 on 7. I don't know.

No, didn't get a 'prior email' either and I'm in much the same situation as you.

Dan

Quote: Afinkawan @ February 27 2009, 3:28 PM GMT

Do you go along to any of the recordings and let the producer match a face to the name? If not, perhaps you should, if you do, perhaps you should stop...

Yeah, one of the producers was my mentor on something and - to be fair - has been very encouraging. It seems to be the other producers though...

So do I assume we're all waiting for rejection/acceptance before posting these in 'Critique'?

Maybe their "prior email" of "we'll keep you informed of forthcoming open door shows" metaphorically means "actually, we won't email you. Instead we'll post it on Writersroom as it's your responsibility to check frequently." :P

So do I assume we're all waiting for rejection/acceptance before posting these in 'Critique'?

As the deadline's over, there's no reason for people not to post their submissions in Critique now, I suppose, if they want to.

Because the actual 7 On 7 show doesn't start until May, those submissions will only be "calling cards" anyway.

(although, saying that, a couple of mine have a long shelf life, i.e. about the economy.)

I would post mine in Critique but frankly they were a bit crap.

Don't put yourself down, Timbo. (even though I'm always losing my confidence in myself)

Quote: Mikey J @ March 1 2009, 4:55 PM GMT

Don't put yourself down, Timbo. (even though I'm always losing my confidence in myself)

Show me the writer who doesn't have the odd loss of confidence and I'll show you...

No don't worry I was probably going to say something rubbish

;) ;)

The turn-around for this next phase should be pretty quick as the masterclass is in a week's time.

By what day this week do you reckon the successful applicants will have a response?

Quote: Marooned @ March 1 2009, 7:47 PM GMT

By what day this week do you reckon the successful applicants will have a response?

no idea, but I would hope they would have told successful people by midweek as they'd have to plan for the masterclass.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 1 2009, 7:53 PM GMT

no idea, but I would hope they would have told successful people by midweek as they'd have to plan for the masterclass.

Let's hope so.

Any ideas on what the masterclass might entail?

Quote: Marooned @ March 1 2009, 7:56 PM GMT

Any ideas on what the masterclass might entail?

The five secret rules of comedy that will make you incredible successful.

Quote: Hennell @ March 1 2009, 8:08 PM GMT

The five secret rules of comedy that will make you incredible successful.

Say 'comedy' into the mirror five times?

I'm presuming David Mitchell will waffle on, giving tips on how to master the craft of radio writing.

Would be cool to meet up with fellow BSGers if I got through. :)