My Family - Series 9 Page 10

Quote: Tom Simpson @ August 22 2009, 7:37 PM BST

I think that was earlier last year. :) I think Mike's actually appeared in every episode bar two: "Deliverence" and "What's Up, Docklands?"... though I could be wrong.

And I just presumed they filmed the Christmas Special at the beginning of the next series (e.g. for this year, September, prior to when they start filming Series Ten...), or maybe someone really does have inside information... who knows? Though hopefully we will find out soon enough. :)

Series ten will run for 7 episodes according to Wiki and they've given out tickets for 7 dates so no date for a Christmas special unless they film it bit by bit on each separate night. :D

I agree with you though. Sounds like a good episode. It's just a shame that it sounds like Nick's in it for the last five minutes or so...

Christmas specials can record earlier than now, nevermind earlier than September. Also, Wikipedia is full of rumour and nonsense - and to make it more confusing, some strange people consider specials to be an episode of series proper. So when it says 7 episodes in the next series, it could actually be 6 episodes and one special.

You seem to take the believable, more reputable sounding stuff with a pinch of salt, and the (more likely to be) wild conjecture as gospel, Robert!

Quote: Aaron @ August 22 2009, 10:58 PM BST

Christmas specials can record earlier than now, nevermind earlier than September. Also, Wikipedia is full of rumour and nonsense - and to make it more confusing, some strange people consider specials to be an episode of series proper. So when it says 7 episodes in the next series, it could actually be 6 episodes and one special.

You seem to take the believable, more reputable sounding stuff with a pinch of salt, and the (more likely to be) wild conjecture as gospel, Robert!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO READ THIS!

I like to believe what sounds good. Well, not believe but hope it's true otherwise what is true and sounds true is usually boring. For example, whether it has six episodes and special or seven episodes is neither here nor there otherwise the synopsis on the previous page is interesting. It may be complete and utter rubbish but it's interesting.

So, therefore I tend to ignore the stuff that you could deem reputable and seem to strike it off but I don't. I just tend to look for the more elaborate stuff. :)

*brain attempts to compute*

*fails*

Alright, well ... I'm sure it'll be a good series anyway. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 23 2009, 3:43 AM BST

*fails*

Upon re-reading... yes, I see what you mean. Pleased

I'm sure whether the synopsis turns out to be or not, if really Nick does come back etc... the Christmas Special will be great, as My Family always is. :)

I don't know about the synopsis. It sounds suspicously "too My Family", if you ask me. It sounds like a fan has written it, and the 75 minutes running time sounds a bit wishful too. I thought they'd have that running time for the final episode.

But, naturally, I'm hoping Alfie will leave.

I can picture Christmas Eve when we all sit down to watch this and we realise that it's 30 minutes long, Alfie's character has the main plot and isn't leaving and just to make it worse, no Nick.

Damn! I was hoping to get a few tickets and go and watch a few episodes being recorded, but it's already fully booked...

Quote: Tom Simpson @ August 25 2009, 5:51 PM BST

Damn! I was hoping to get a few tickets and go and watch a few episodes being recorded, but it's already fully booked...

Hang about, you posted on your news page that the BBC were giving them out and you didn't go in for them??????

Quote: Robert D @ August 25 2009, 6:44 PM BST

Hang about, you posted on your news page that the BBC were giving them out and you didn't go in for them??????

I was going to go but I wanted to wait to see my timetable for College for next year to see if I had Fridays off, and If I didn't, to make sure I'd have enough time to get down there... rather stupid, I know, as I should have realised that they'd sell out alot quicker and it wouldn't be in-time for me to actually see my timetable. :)

You could have just taken a day off!

I've just recieved a e-mail from the BBC , saying that they are some more dates avilable in November and now December and the have confirmed that the 8th of October has now been cancelled.

"We're sorry to announce that the recording of My Family on Thursday 8 October has been cancelled. We're sorry for any disappointment that this will cause."

Here are the new dates for My Family , which you can apply for on the main website.

However, we have just released tickets for the following dates:

Thursday 12 November

Thursday 19 November

Thursday 3 December

Thursday 10 December

Thursday 17 December

I hope this infomation helps for any-one going or wanting to apply.

Are those newly announced, or just only now bookable?

They are bookable, as I have just booked all mine today.

(I think they have just been added too, as I only got the e-mail today from them.)