My Family - Series 9

Does anybody know when the ninth series of My Family starts? And how many episodes it will run for?

I'm hoping for a nine episode plus run starting around March.

I think what they're doing is keeping Series 9 for this year, and Series 10 - possibly the final one - for 2010, giving My Family a neat 10 year run.

Series 9 is currently in production.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/my_family/

So, you think series ten will be the last? I hope not. It may be a little crap sometimes but its still 10x better than most other 'so called comedy'.

They've been struggling to get the stars back for the back three or four series', I believe. It could end at any point.

Quote: Aaron @ February 8 2009, 7:40 PM GMT

They've been struggling to get the stars back for the back three or four series', I believe. It could end at any point.

Didn't Zoe Wanamaker admit she thought the scripts were a bit rubbish? Or was it Lindsay? Or both? It's had a really good run though, and I admit I enjoyed it up until Kris Marshall left.

Probably both, I don't recall.

So, you don't see My Family as a Last of the Summer Wine? I hope this show gets a tenth series but I'm not convinced. The viewing figures have dropped from 11m in 2001 to around 4-5m in 2008. Again, is 4-5m still good?

Yes, that's still a resaonable level. Not magnificent, but reasonable.

4-5m is quite enough for a show to get an automatic re-commission, however, as touched upon above, the cast are generally said to be a bit fed up (they almost didn't sign up to series nine and Zoe Wanamaker said in the press she thought the scripts weren't good enough) so it remains to be seen if they'll do any more after this next batch.

My guess is the only reason they haven't yet quit is because of the money (they'll be on eye-wateringly large salaries). However, now the BBC have announced they're cutting the wages of their highest paid stars, Wanamaker and Lindsay are likely to lose that sweet incentive to continue putting up with things.

Quote: Mark @ February 8 2009, 10:45 PM GMT

4-5m is quite enough for a show to get an automatic re-commission.

A little off topic but does that mean the green green grass is safe at:

4.1 - 4.07
4.2 - 4.02
4.3 - 3.86
4.4 - 3.87
4.5 - 3.93

It starts tonight, will tune in as it seems a decent synopsis (Ben attends a pub quiz). The idea makes it likely to be a funny opener.

Robert Lindsay's too good for it to be honest

Loved the opening episode tonight. Nice to see it still doing well nine series in. Very funny. Is Siobhan Hayes and Zoe Wanamaker's absense from tonights episode just a one off or are the two now out of it?

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 2 2009, 6:43 PM BST

It starts tonight, will tune in as it seems a decent synopsis (Ben attends a pub quiz).

'Ben attends pub quiz'. That's enough to get you interested!? Ee gads! :D