My Family - Series 9 Page 5

Just ordered tickets for My Family for later in the year. Wait this isn't Two Pints! lol

Here is the link in case someone is interested in wanting to order tickets now.

http://shows.external.bbc.co.uk/help/shows/my_family

Quote: goldenlinx @ August 16 2009, 12:35 AM BST

Just ordered tickets for My Family for later in the year. Wait this isn't Two Pints! lol

Here is the link in case someone is interested in wanting to order tickets now.

http://shows.external.bbc.co.uk/help/shows/my_family

Thanks! ;)

There's a rumour going around that Alfie won't be in series 10. He will leave during this year's special. He was a good character but never matched up to his predecessor (i.e. Nick).

It's on Wikipedia too. (Although I don't trust Wikipedia!)

Quote: Wikipedia @ Right now-AM BST

Christmas Special will air in 2009, which will feature the departure of long-standing character Alfie Butts.

:O :(

...and then Alfie appeared on it for this year's series and then look at the logo on the top of the page on this link: http://shows.external.bbc.co.uk/help/shows/my_family

I did actually suspect that something might be happening to Alfie, cos on the Series Ten tickets website he isn't mentioned *at all* in the series description and he also doesn't appear to be in the snapshot of the title sequence up-top. (should read more carefully in future... mentioned above, too :))

So, how do we reckon he goes? Like Nick, just disappears?

Quote: Tom Simpson @ August 17 2009, 11:43 AM BST

I did actually suspect that something might be happening to Alfie, cos on the Series Ten tickets website he isn't mentioned *at all* in the series description and he also doesn't appear to be in the snapshot of the title sequence up-top. (should read more carefully in future... mentioned above, too :))

I like your site. Ah, and I see you mentioned Alfie's absence on your news page. Pleased

Quote: Robert D @ August 17 2009, 11:57 AM BST

So, how do we reckon he goes? Like Nick, just disappears?

I like your site. Ah, and I see you mentioned Alfie's absence on your news page. Pleased

Let's hope he gets a decent last episode, methinks he might finally achieve his dream and storm into the music world, or he might just disappear, who knows...

And thanks for the compliments on My Family Online, I do hope people enjoy visiting it etc as much as I enjoy editing it :)

...and did I? I'm sure I mentioned it on the forum but not on the news page, I try and keep my own speculation and opinion out of the news page so people are only reading facts etc. :)

Quote: Tom Simpson @ August 17 2009, 12:09 PM BST

Let's hope he gets a decent last episode, methinks he might finally achieve his dream and storm into the music world, or he might just disappear, who knows...

I could have sworn it was on the news page just now. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me. Eh?

Yes, my mistake. It's in the forum.

I think we'll hear nothing about his departure in the special. He will have just disappeared by the first episode of series ten. That's my theory for what it's worth anyway. :)

On a completely different nearly the same topic, I don't think they'll stop at eleven series like they're rumoured too.

Quote: Robert D @ August 17 2009, 4:28 AM BST

There's a rumour going around that Alfie won't be in series 10. He will leave during this year's special. He was a good character but never matched up to his predecessor (i.e. Nick).

Well thank f**king f**k for that.

Quote: Robert D @ August 17 2009, 12:30 PM BST

On a completely different nearly the same topic, I don't think they'll stop at eleven series like they're rumoured too.

Where the flip do you get all of these rumours from, Robert? Are you a member of bizarresitcomrumours.com or something? The only base in reality that that one has is that 2 more series have been ordered, bringing the total to 11. There's no such suggestion that that would be final, and there is no way in hell that they would have made that decision already!

You seem to be winding yourself up with all of this peculiar speculation. There's only one website you need to pay any attention to: www.comedy.co.uk :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 2:19 PM BST

Where the flip do you get all of these rumours from, Robert? Are you a member of bizarresitcomrumours.com or something? The only base in reality that that one has is that 2 more series have been ordered, bringing the total to 11. There's no such suggestion that that would be final, and there is no way in hell that they would have made that decision already!

You seem to be winding yourself up with all of this peculiar speculation. There's only one website you need to pay any attention to: www.comedy.co.uk :)

Robert Lindsay said in a interview that 11 would be it and I've heard it elsewhere since. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 2:19 PM BST

Well thank f**king f**k for that.

I take it you didn't like him! :D

Quote: Robert D @ August 17 2009, 2:32 PM BST

Robert Lindsay said in a interview that 11 would be it and I've heard it elsewhere since. :)

Well, elsewhere would be almost certainly be based on what he said in the interview. Which I wouldn't take much notice of, because they've said it so many times. The BBC just keep offering them more and more money each series. Who wouldn't say no to a couple of hundred grand for a week's work, then substantially increased for the same thing a year later?

Exactly. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 2:41 PM BST

Well, elsewhere would be almost certainly be based on what he said in the interview. Which I wouldn't take much notice of, because they've said it so many times. The BBC just keep offering them more and more money each series. Who wouldn't say no to a couple of hundred grand for a week's work, then substantially increased for the same thing a year later?

Exactly. ;)

I wouldn't say no. Actually, didn't Lindsay say he was going to quit after series five? And then, six confirmed series later... Point taken. ;)

Precisely. If you say "that's it", you give yourself even more bargaining power when they ask you to do it again. They get eye-watering pay packets.

How eye-watering is their eye-watering pay? Of course you don't know exactly but are we talking a lot or A LOT?

A HELL of a lot.

And by contrast, how much might we imagine the writers getting per show. Any guesses?