What are you gaming? Page 104

You mean the G man?

Oh ah.

Correct Gents I have a PS3. Because I'm awesome.

I've just acquired an iPad, supposedly to help my endeavours as a student, but accidentally managed to download the 1001 Ultimate Majhong app to it. ;) . Typically I didn't bother to read the instructions and now having completed the first eleven levels I want to progress but don't seem to be able to unlock any further stacks. Anyone got any experience of playing this and know whether you have to cross the company's palm with silver to get more levels?

Just Ordered

Resident Evil: 5 - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Dead Rising 2 (PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

Any other PS3 games a must have?

Resident Evil - The Directors Cut
Resident Evil - Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4
Assassins Creed II & Onwards

I loved Dead Rising but unfortunately the second game, whilst fun has very little replay value.

If you liked the original Mario Kart game you should buy the Crash Bandicoot racing game: Crash Team Racing.

Also its worth looking out for a cheap 2nd hand copy of the 1st Batman game :)

Great news; Sony just announced the imminent arrival of the PS4! That's right - a brand new, non-backwards compatible console that promises to make everything produced previously look like absolute dogshit by comparison! Sony have proudly added that they will hereby halt manufacture of PS3 console, which is now being sold for the budget price of £5! As for software, Sony will be banning all future sales and yanking remaining stock off the shelves in order to senselessly torch them in a huge landfill somewhere in New Mexico. Hooray!

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 13 2012, 11:33 AM GMT

Resident Evil - The Directors Cut
Resident Evil - Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4
Assassins Creed II & Onwards

I loved Dead Rising but unfortunately the second game, whilst fun has very little replay value.

If you liked the original Mario Kart game you should buy the Crash Bandicoot racing game: Crash Team Racing.

Also its worth looking out for a cheap 2nd hand copy of the 1st Batman game :)

I got 4 on Game Cube, is the Directors Cut as good as Game Cube version? (Which I adore_

Getting Assasins Creed :) Cheers mate

Quote: David Bussell @ February 13 2012, 11:48 AM GMT

Great news; Sony just announced the imminent arrival of the PS4! That's right - a brand new, non-backwards compatible console that promises to make everything produced previously look like absolute dogshit by comparison! Sony have proudly added that they will hereby halt manufacture of PS3 console, which is now being sold for the budget price of £5! As for software, Sony will be banning all future sales and yanking remaining stock off the shelves in order to senselessly torch them in a huge landfill somewhere in New Mexico. Hooray!

You forgot it also won't play second hand games.

Resident Evil - The Directors Cut is the first game with a few tweaks in gameplay (different puzzles, objects in different rooms, etc). So no, its not like the polished remake that the GameCube released.

I am a big fan of the series and have to say that even though the graphics are clunky and dated, the dialogue is shite, etc. The Directors Cut does make revisiting the game worthwhile in my humble opinion. It will remind you why you fell in love with the game. Its still a bitch trying to do it fast enough to get the Rocket Launcher and no matter how well you remember the game, its tweaks make it a fresh challenge. As much as I like 4 & 5, they lack that special something and you might be surprised by how much you can still enjoy the original. Code Veronica is not perfect but if you are as anal as me you will love playing it because it has the atmosphere of the first three games and is hard as hell to unlock the hardcore weapons with unlimited bullets.

For something different I would suggest renting some of the Lego games from Blockbusters (to see if you like them). They are way more fun than you might expect. The Lego Batman game is great. They also have a good amount of replay value :)

Quote: Bob Hicks @ February 13 2012, 12:19 PM GMT

Resident Evil - The Directors Cut is the first game with a few tweaks in gameplay (different puzzles, objects in different rooms, etc). So no, its not like the polished remake that the GameCube released.

For something different I would suggest renting some of the Lego games from Blockbusters (to see if you like them). They are way more fun than you might expect. The Lego Batman game is great. They also have a good amount of replay value :)

Ahthat's a shame the crimsons where one of the best thing they've ever added to RE scary as shit and busting through doors.

Lego series does look like good drop in fun :)

Quote: Gavin @ February 13 2012, 10:43 AM GMT

Just Ordered

Resident Evil: 5 - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Dead Rising 2 (PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

Any other PS3 games a must have?

I'm not getting paid til Friday, so what I'm going to go and do is go up town and see what second hand games I can buy for a tenner. It really was an impulse buy because I've got most of this week off work. Although I've called in sick today, I genuinely am. So can't go game shopping yet. So tomorrow when my console arrives there maybe a point where I have it but no games.

Sorry, I'm doped up on cold and flu medicine. I hope my post makes sense.

Quote: Lee @ February 13 2012, 12:48 PM GMT

I'm not getting paid til Friday, so what I'm going to go and do is go up town and see what second hand games I can buy for a tenner. It really was an impulse buy because I've got most of this week off work. Although I've called in sick today, I genuinely am. So can't go game shopping yet. So tomorrow when my console arrives there maybe a point where I have it but no games.

Sorry, I'm doped up on cold and flu medicine. I hope my post makes sense.

Yes it does, and mine was as yours totally impulse and I feel really really guilty about it. But hey its done now.

Need for Speed: Undercover is a fun car game. You should be able to find a few Need for Speed games dirt cheap.

A link you might find helpful: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/240084/the-50-best-ps3-games/

Try to not buy too many big games via the Playstation Store. Your hard drive will fill up quicker than you might think. Skyrim has too many bugs and as much as you think you might like it - its not worth the hassle.

Tomb Raider: Underworld is actually a very fun and more modern version of the old and now dated original games.

Be warned that there are a lot of games that you would play once and then NEVER play again (Wolverine springs to mind). Sometimes renting is a good option to see what a game is like.

I just upgraded my lovefilm to do game rental :D

I with you on Skyrim totally mate :)

I was trying to sign up to a game rentals site last night but it wouldn't let me. Annoying, still waiting to hear back from them.