Jasper Carrott Page 4

Quote: Dave @ March 8 2013, 6:01 PM GMT

Why? The Detectives was brilliant! That sketch on the One JC hinted that it may come back, but it hasn't happened.

Well everyone's open to their opinion but I just wasn't overkeen on the series. I kept watching it and watching it to try and get into it but sadly I decided to just give up! Huh?

He's doing a tour with a band comprising Bev Bevan and Trevor Burton from the Move (and ELO and Balls respectively) plus Geoff Turton (Rockin Berries & Jefferson) and Joy Strachan Brain.

http://www.jaspercarrott.com/live/

I think he is great to be fair. His work is highly commended and excellent. I liked him the most when he presented Golden Balls lol

I grew up watching his Saturday night(?) shows and enjoyed them immensely at the time, although I wonder whether I still would nowadays. I used to like his funny songs and yes, Loudon Wainwright III used go get on my wick after a while, but Carrott seemed to like featuring new and upcoming acts such as Punt and Dennis, Phil Cool and a few others I can't remember.

I'm not sure whether it was just me, but his prominent adam's apple used to freak me out as a child. What an odd soul I was back then.

I miss Phil Cool - great man! :D

I too grew up watching Jasper Carrott, he made me laugh a lot and yes that is where I first saw Punt and Dennis.
I remember Phil Cool, such a rubber face. Didn't realise he was on the Jasper Carrott show though.

Off to see Jasper Carrot's "Stand Up And Rock" tonight in Dorking.

That's the place with the giant cock.

Fantastic show. Great mix of stand-up - about 20 minutes at the start and after the interval -and a great band.

They played lots of 60s classics, Carrot's "Funky Moped" and ended with a couple of ELO songs featuring the great drummer himself, Bev Bevan.

I'd recommend it highly. Still some dates left on the tour.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2015, 5:36 PM BST

Off to see Jasper Carrot's "Stand Up And Rock" tonight in Dorking.

That's the place with the giant cock.

Don't put yourself down so much Chappers - you're not that bad.

Enjoy the show.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th September 2015, 11:14 PM BST

Fantastic show. Great mix of stand-up - about 20 minutes at the start and after the interval -and a great band.

They played lots of 60s classics, Carrot's "Funky Moped" and ended with a couple of ELO songs featuring the great drummer himself, Bev Bevan.

I'd recommend it highly. Still some dates left on the tour.

It does sound good though. It's a pity that Mr TBN seems to dislike Mr Carrott.

I can see why but along with Mr Connolly, Mike Harding and Max Boyce he was one of the stand-up trailblazers.

One little aside at the show. Carrot asks Turton what he's drinking. "Canabis? What - Carling Black Label - oh can of piss!"

I only discovered the 90s series Canned Carrott very recently. All the writing seems very sharp, but the ad break sequences are a personal highlight. Apart from As Seen On TV with Victoria Wood, you don't often see stand-up (or in Carrott's case, sit down) routines mixed with sketches. Some early work from Punt and Dennis there too.

My dad liked Jasper Carrott when I was a kid so I saw a lot of his shows in the 80s and I thought The Detectives was brilliant because it was a combo of a funnyman Carrott and actor Robert Powell who had never ventured in to comedy. Facking genius.

My dad was on Golden Balls and it's a good one but not in big money terms. If you ever visit you will be force fed a viewing :D

Oh I'm seeing him live in a few weeks with his Stand Up and Rock show, looking forward to it!

Oh, found the level, have we?... That was my Jasper Carrot impression. Good, isn't it?

You've go5 him down to a 't' Michael.