Jasper Carrott Page 2

I loved Jasper Carrott's stand up. I remember laughing hysterically at his routines when I was growing up. His comedy songs were good too: 'Hangman' being a particular favourite of mine. :)

He unnerves me. But only becasue he is the exact double of a friend's exes dad. Who spent his whole adult life in a wheelchair, until he claims he went to some religious cult meeting and the grand high doodah touched his head and declared him cured, and then never used the wheelchair again.

Which proves what a lazy f**king bastard he'd been being until that point.

Weirdo.

Laughing out loud

Oh zooo, your tales do amuse me so. Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ January 18 2009, 3:30 PM GMT

He unnerves me. But only becasue he is the exact double of a friend's exes dad. Who spent his whole adult life in a wheelchair, until he claims he went to some religious cult meeting and the grand high doodah touched his head and declared him cured, and then never used the wheelchair again.

Which proves what a lazy f**king bastard he'd been being until that point.

Weirdo.

I always think he looks like the baddy out of the Saw films.

Hahaha

Jigsaw*

He should give up friggin' Goldenballs and get back to being one of our sharpest stand-ups ever.

There's a bit of a Jasper Carrott night on Paramount Comedy 2 tonight from 9pm.

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 18 2009, 7:47 PM GMT

I always think he looks like the baddy out of the Saw films.

Oh my god, that's horrendous; he does!! Teary

Interestimg how a lot of standups from the 1970s released singles: Carrott, Billy Connolly, Mike Harding..

Well I'm not sure about Harding, but weren't Carrott and Connolly originally comic-folk acts who gradually went more and more to the emphasis of the comedy?

They were including Harding.

Quote: Griff @ June 30 2009, 10:53 PM BST

I saw Mike Harding in 1984. He was the worst comedian I have ever seen. Atrociously unfunny.

Do you mind me asking why you went to see Harding in 1984 when The Young Ones were all the rage? It's about the most unhip thing you could do back then.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ January 15 2009, 1:17 PM BST

Jasper Carrott

The case against...

From Birmingham.

As a Black Country bloke . . couldn't agree more ! :P

Quote: Aaron @ June 30 2009, 9:26 PM BST

Well I'm not sure about Harding, but weren't Carrott and Connolly originally comic-folk acts who gradually went more and more to the emphasis of the comedy?

Claim to fame . . well, sort of.

I was in a folk / comedy group more years ago than I care to remember (The Blackcountrymen) and we supported Carrot along with Mad Jocks and Englishmen in some Brummie folk club . .

In the days when he took his guitar on stage and played it !

:D

Quote: Griff @ June 30 2009, 11:41 PM BST

He was on at my university, and we pretty much went to see everyone who turned up.

I f**king wish it had been The Young Ones.

Laughing out loud

You lucky fella. You should have thrown a pint at him.