Most Underrated Footballer in the Premiership Page 5

I know that the Giggs thing is a myth about England, but fair play to him anyway, he quite rightly played for the country he was born in. Look at Germany's main two strikers, Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, they are both Polish. I wonder how good Poland would be and how good Germany would be with/without these two very talented strikers.
Another football myth is the one about Dennis Law's goal for Manchester City which relegated Manchester United. It goes around that Law relegated United, but had that goal had not have gone in, United would still have been relegated.

Quote: Seefacts @ May 1 2009, 11:43 AM BST

As mentioned, voting was done in Feb when Young was tearing the place up.

What's the point of having the vote so early?

I would just like to say that Tugay deserves recognition as a great palyer. He is retiring at the end of the season and has been Blackburns most creative player in the last eight years. Up the Rovers.

Well if Tugay can last another ten years he might get the award

Quote: John Killalea @ May 1 2009, 1:50 PM BST

Up the Rovers.

Yep, well up the Rovers. :P
Agreed, Tugay is a great player though.

Tugay is older than Giggs, by two years.

Speaking of legendary veterans, who are retiring at the end of this season, I'd like to mention Milan's Paolo Maldini. Almost 41 years old, and still playing for one of the best teams in the world, after starting his first game way back in 1985!!!!

Catskillz - are you seriously comparing Paolo Maldini to Tugay???

;)

Okay, maybe Tugay doesn't quite qualify for legendary status!

But, back to Maldini, it's hard for me to get my head around the fact that he made his Milan debut a year before I'd even started watching football on T.V., as a little kid (the Mexico World Cup was the first football I ever really watched, and got into).

Quote: Seefacts @ April 30 2009, 11:21 PM BST

That's because he's rubbish.

Codswallop.

Sobering news about Southampton, Norwich and Charlton.

Those greedy bastards at the top are getting bigger at the expense of the rest. They reckon 10 premier league clubs could be in danger too.

It all goes back to the decision that clubs can keep all their gate receipts instead of sharing them as used to be the case.

So the big clubs just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I hope you're f**king pleased with yourselves Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Remember the Tower of Babel (Not the Liverpool player)

The most underated goalkeeper is defiantely Brad Friedel. He has consistently played well, keeping rovers up for numerous seasons and now part of the Villa team that would have broke into the top four this season if Martin Oneill had not give up winning for lent.

Quote: Chappers @ May 1 2009, 10:35 PM BST

Sobering news about Southampton, Norwich and Charlton.

Those greedy bastards at the top are getting bigger at the expense of the rest. They reckon 10 premier league clubs could be in danger too.

It all goes back to the decision that clubs can keep all their gate receipts instead of sharing them as used to be the case.

So the big clubs just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I hope you're f**king pleased with yourselves Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Remember the Tower of Babel (Not the Liverpool player)

Come on. It's just down to being badly run.

Charlton deserve everything they've got for sacking Dowie after two minutes and putting that idiot Les Reed in charge. Yeah, are those fans whinging about Curbishly now, eh?

Southampton never recovered when Lowe decided to sack Paul Sturrock because he didn't tuck his shirt in, and replace him with a nobody.

Norwich never recovered when Robert Chase decided rather than bulding on a RUNNER UP spot in the Prem, and a UEFA Cup odyssey, he'd sell all their best players and expect them to survive.

Quote: John Killalea @ May 1 2009, 10:45 PM BST

The most underated goalkeeper is defiantely Brad Friedel. He has consistently played well, keeping rovers up for numerous seasons and now part of the Villa team that would have broke into the top four this season if Martin Oneill had not give up winning for lent.

It's a shame he never got his chance at Liverpool, because then we needn't have put up with Sander Westerveld.

Quote: Seefacts @ May 1 2009, 10:50 PM BST

Norwich never recovered when Robert Chase decided rather than bulding on a RUNNER UP spot in the Prem, and a UEFA Cup odyssey, he'd sell all their best players and expect them to survive.

That's because they couldn't afford the wages on the limited gate money from their ground. So they had to sell to survive.

I think Peter Crouch is underated. He played well for liverpool and for england. He always looks dangerous and has a natural talent for goals. But because he does not potray a certain image it doesn't matter how good he plays big clubs will never let him be there talisman. Which is a bit like my sketch in the critiq forum.