Most Underrated Footballer in the Premiership Page 4

Tim Cahill has been fantastic for Everton. I think they bought him for 1.5 million, what a snip.

Mark Schwarzer has been superb for Fulham this year. Brede Hangeland has got some notice in the national press, but Aaron Hughes has also been great and largely unrecognised. Others? Kevin Davies, Ryan Shawcross at Stoke are two which spring to mind.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ April 29 2009, 9:43 AM BST

Kevin Davies without any shadow of doubt. How he hasn't had an England call up is beyond me.

Robert Green as well. Easily the best English keeper. That hurts to say as I am a Spurs fan

Without sounding like your typical supporter of a team with 'little club syndrome'Darren, it's because he plays for Bolton. The most consistently brilliant performer at the club - without him, we'd have been relegated long ago.

Capello's treatment of him a couple of months ago, when he was in the initial 29 or 30 man squad and then he dipped into the U-21's when their was a striker shortage, was a disgrace.

Football Joke:
'What's the difference between Newcastle United and Alan Shearer?'
'Alan Shearer will be on Match of the Day next season'

Angry Errr :( Teary

Quote: Mick Green @ April 29 2009, 9:40 PM BST

Without sounding like your typical supporter of a team with 'little club syndrome'Darren, it's because he plays for Bolton. The most consistently brilliant performer at the club - without him, we'd have been relegated long ago.

Capello's treatment of him a couple of months ago, when he was in the initial 29 or 30 man squad and then he dipped into the U-21's when their was a striker shortage, was a disgrace.

That's because he's rubbish.

Thank God Fat Sam never got into the hot seat at Lancaster Gate. I don't think I could have taken the inevitable Nolan / Davies combo.

What do people think about Giggs getting the Player's Player of the Year Award, after only starting 12 games?

Quote: catskillz @ April 30 2009, 11:26 PM BST

What do people think about Giggs getting the Player's Player of the Year Award, after only starting 12 games?

Honestly?

Sympathy. He's one of the greats, and he's never won it. Seems odd that. So I reckon they've given it to him because he kind of deserves it for being the model pro (and brilliant footballer) that he has been. in his 18 year top-flight, trophy winning career.

He won it for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hLKC8RQ1pk

It came smack bang in the middle of the PFA voting process in February.

The Football Writers' Award will deservedly go to Frank Lampard for his outstanding services to keeping Chelsea in the top half of the table this season.

I'm an Evertonian, but even I think Gerrard should've got it. As for Everton players, Phil Jagielka has been just as impressive as Giggs, if not more so.

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 30 2009, 10:29 PM BST

Football Joke:
'What's the difference between Newcastle United and Alan Shearer?'
'Alan Shearer will be on Match of the Day next season'

He may not prove to be a great manager - but I'll always respect him for turning down Manchester United twice.

Quote: catskillz @ April 30 2009, 11:26 PM BST

Doesn't deserve it for his football this season, but a legend that he is means he is a player that at one point deserved it, but it defeats the object of the award being the best player of that year. Vidic should have got it in my opinion.

Yeah, there's no doubt that the fella's a legend, I won't argue with you about that. Then again, I am still annoyed that he opted to play for Wales, instead of England!

Hopefully Gerrard will get the writers' award.

Stephen Ireland was robbed.

Quote: catskillz @ May 1 2009, 12:20 AM BST

Yeah, there's no doubt that the fella's a legend, I won't argue with you about that. Then again, I am still annoyed that he opted to play for Wales, instead of England!

That's a myth, sadly!

He's got no English heritage that allows him to qualify. He played for England schoolboys because I think he went to school here, which is all you need.

Had he been English, I reckon we could well have had a major title come our way. Someone like Giggs could have provided that bit of extra magic to see off Germany in 96 or Argentina in 98.

Quote: shaggy292 @ May 1 2009, 9:10 AM BST

Hopefully Gerrard will get the writers' award.

Stephen Ireland was robbed.

As mentioned, voting was done in Feb when Young was tearing the place up.

Though I was shocked when I found out Ireland is only 22!! He looks about 30.