Top 10 Stand-Ups Page 2

List = load of wank.

regarding martin holmes reply to the list...a few disagreements but then it's all about opinion however calling Lee Hurst shit is above and beyond I've seen him a number of times and the material has always been different (topical) and very funny...so can't see your arguement there...he's by no means my favourite stand up, so i'm not defending my hero or anything. Personally I've seen much funnier non mainstream comics than 50% of the list...Sean Meo, Russell Kane and Matt Welcome being three that spring to my mind.

It seemed to feature only mainstream comics, which was a shame. I wanted to see Brendon Burns on that list.

Eddie Murphy lower ranked then Jo "My Husband" Brand I demand a recount.

EDDIE!! Eddie. I want to talk to you I dont like the way you treat me Eddie you treat me like animal.

You were butt nekkid on a zebra two weeks ago.

Love his stand up dont love Jo brand...

i have been to a jo brand performance and what a load of shite, she is crap.

she always talks about her husband and what a wanker he is, but if you were married to her/that wouldn't you be a wanker?.

It was indeed a very odd list but to be fair to Channel 4 they based the order entirely on a public vote (the form has been on their website for a bit - we linked to it in a previous newsletter) - so its the public that's to blame for the final order.

oh those damn public again, Life would be so much easier without them

Exactly. Bloody poor people.

I doubt it was totally down to the public, it would've have to been shuffled around a bit, I mean think about it, how come all the comedians that were really foul mouthed didn't come on till well after 9pm, also Andrew Dice Clay are you seriously telling me that the British Public would've voted that much for him to get him that high up on the list, unless it was just one rabin Diceman fan voting over and over again lol.

Quote: Leevil @ March 19, 2007, 6:14 PM

Why would i included people I haven't heard of in MY list? lol.

Some of them are better in other areas as well, but this is a stand up list and i was judging them on that.

I would like to see a lot I haven't seen, but it's really hard to find any recordings, it took me ages to find a Bill Hicks tape.

Yeah I think the word 'MY' was which I kind of missed lol. You should check out a lot of those comedians though, there's a couple of Hicks DVD's out there to buy, Totally Bill Hicks and Sane Man to name two.

If 'foul mouthed' comedians had come earlier, I'm sure that they could have scheduled the show to start later!

Or just censored it?

The funniest bit of the show was when Jimmy Carr said something like 'people have a go at him because he doesn't write is own material, thats out of order' talk about the pot calling the kettle a theiving little joke stealer.

Plus the fact they showed Denis Leary telling an exact Bill Hicks joke just beforehand.

I'm glad Peter Kay wasn't number one, although i don't even like Billy Connolly. And poor Richard Herring should have been in if Stewart was. They shouldn't let normal people vote, just sad comedy geeks, then proper people would have been on.

I also wish they'd stop giving that fat racist c**t (I won't tarnish my keyboard by typing his name) air time. I had to keep muting my poor innocent TV.

That Eddie Murphy aids joke was a bit depressing too. And surprising that Kramer didn't make the list...

Yeah but they did stitch Murphy up a bit, yeah he had some tasteless jokes and was very homophobic but he still had countless other great material.

Richard Herring did deserve to be on the list I agree, but Stewart Lee's stand up is far superior.

Nobody, but Nobody is allowed to diss the late great Bill Hicks. If you dont find him funny (HUH) fine, but you must appreciate that mans talent. His way with words, his preaching. How dare you not..........

Now Chris Rock seems a fella i want to see more of. Showed a sketch the other night that had me in Knots.

Eddie Murphy should have def made the top 10, and Billy Connoly is my second fav ever..

I like Joan Rivers, not a huge Victoria Wood fan, but she is one clever lady..

Now all those who moaned about the greatest guy on earth mr BH, delete your meanie comments. Go watch the DVD again and re think your evaluation. lol

Wave :S Huh?
PS Harry hill is soooooooooooooooo not funny, i hate the way he looks,dresses, and the only think that ever makes me laugh is when i imagine him having sex with whatever will have him. Often its a lame sheep.