Top 10 Stand-Ups Page 3

I was reading you post Charley and agreeing with everything, Bill Hicks is a genius and even if you dont find him a funny man you should appreciate his philosophy on life.

But then you dissed Harry Hill, why oh why, what's wrong with Harry, TV Burp is the funniest show on TV, and not many comedians can have respect from the mainstream and the hardcore comedy fans, Harry manages that. Find some of his old stand up and you may change your mind.

But yeah I agree 100% with your Hicks comments.

Quote: charley rance @ March 20, 2007, 10:03 PM

If you dont find him funny (HUH) fine, but you must appreciate that mans talent. His way with words, his preaching. How dare you not..........

I tend to like my stand ups to make me laugh, as well as think.

Michael Moore is some sort of political activist and tries to be funny, I wouldn't put him on the list though just because he fights the good fight.

Martin Hun, i will endeavor to find some stand up DVD's of Harry Hill. I have not seen any, so i cant comment on it. TV Burp is just not for me while Harry is there looking like he wants to eat me.He Licks his lips a million times a minute, and i swear those bulging eyes are staring right for me. Then out comes that hideously unnatural tongue to gulp me up. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!I just cant bring myself to watch him for long. He looks like, and acts like a pervert. Sorry i dont mean to be cruel, but the guy scares the pants off me.lol. I will try harder, just for you Martin. Next time he's on,i will squirm, spew and shake like a leaf, i just know it, but i will try harder. XX Wave

Quote: zooo @ March 20, 2007, 9:50 PM

I also wish they'd stop giving that fat racist c**t (I won't tarnish my keyboard by typing his name) air time. I had to keep muting my poor innocent TV.

Ooooh, who who who?

Quote: charley rance @ March 20, 2007, 10:03 PM

PS Harry hill is soooooooooooooooo not funny, i hate the way he looks,dresses, and the only think that ever makes me laugh is when i imagine him having sex with whatever will have him. Often its a lame sheep.

Laughing out loud

Who/what is Andrew Dice Clay? Best stand-up I've seen on telly is that Arsene Wenger bloke with his joke French accent and saying "I deeed not seee eeet" or "change all your rules for meeeeee". (Sorry if you're not into fruitboilers).

I was really pleased to see Dylan Moran on there at 17th. I almost had to leave when I saw him as I could hardly breathe for laughing. Harry Hill was shit live. He's very much television material.

And what the HELL is Ricky Gervais doing on there?! I have just never understood how his stand-up is funny! He is an utterly boring 'comic'. Urgh.

Richard Pryor = legend, too.

That 'dice' man was f**king horrific. I was sat there with my mouth wide open, i just couldn't believe what I was hearing...and i was MORTIFIED when it showed the crowd lapping up every HORRIBLE word that left his dirty mouth.

Omid Djalili should have been higher. I've seen him twice and i love him! Same as lee evans, was so shocked at him not being top 10.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007140415,00.html

Knew it would be rigged.

now it makes more sense, peter kay at number two, the thing is he is so crap he still came second when they cheated (supposedly)

That's why they were airing all those Peter Kay Night adverts in between.

Bloody northerners. All corrupt. ;)

Hey I'm a Northerner :)

Plus its Southerners who are corrupt, as well as ignorant and ungrateful, I think we all remember that great Partridge qoute as he's stomping over a model London Town "Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an ungrateful bunch of bastards" :)

Plus why do Londoners always put unecessary R's in between words that don't need them, for example BATH becomes BARTH and LAUGH becomes LARF, strange way to go about things lol.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ March 28, 2007, 5:04 PM

I think we all remember that great Partridge qoute as he's stomping over a model London Town "Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an ungrateful bunch of bastards" :)

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

When did he say that, I want to see it.

Its in Series 2, I can't remember what episode but its when he's talking with Michael in the garage and he mentions that Sonya keeps buying him little London Towers etc and he says he likes to set them all up and pretend he's a giant.

Cheers Martin, I’ll keep an eye out for that.

BTW. The best comedy comes from up north,(everything up north from where I am) Manchester Rules..

Or should that be, all the best comedy comes from the west of you.