The Simpsons has jumped the shark Page 6

Check out the new title here if you haven't seen it yet.
I watched the new first episode of the new season and I have to say it was one of the funniest episodes I've seen in a while. It was about MMA fighting.
Bonus points for decent jokes and bonus points for finally using some relevant cultural material. I'm a huge nerd who appreciates a comic book or sci fi joke but that's all it was becoming for a while there. Bad fanboy jokes.
Anyways I'll watch next weeks too to see if the writing is consistent.
I love is that they are finally using a little of that Futurama computer animation and it's finally in HD with a brand new opening scene that I think works.

Like the re-vamped titles. It's very weird now when you catch one of the season 1/2 title sequences in which the animation is pretty crude and when the thing seemed to go on forever. Hopefully they've also had a change of guard in the writing room, in order to freshen up the show a bit. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 14 2009, 1:48 PM BST

Like the re-vamped titles. It's very weird now when you catch one of the season 1/2 title sequences in which the animation is pretty crude and when the thing seemed to go on forever. Hopefully they've also had a change of guard in the writing room, in order to freshen up the show a bit. :)

Yea I wonder that too, because the writing seems very different from the last two seasons.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 31 2009, 2:01 AM BST

Probably. Ta.

It reminds me of someone though. Errrrrr Angry

Was it Rodney Dangerfield?

Laughing out loud It may have been!

Or..

maybe.

Did anyone see the Simpsons episode last week, in which Lisa taught Willie how to speak with an "R.P." English accent? I would've been a bit annoyed by it, if I'd been Scottish, because it suggested all Scottish people really wish they were English, which couldn't be further from the truth. Also, if Lisa is meant to hold the English accent in such high esteem, why doesn't she learn to speak like that herself?

Christ, I need to get out more.

I just hope they keep making them as long as possible, shark or no shark it's still one of the best show's around.
I think we just take it for granted these days.

A new 'Treehouse of Horror' episode airs tonight. The Halloween specials still catch my attention, while I ignore most of the rest of the season's episodes.

The Treehouse of Horror episodes are the highlight of the Halloween TV season, along with "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" and "Garfield's Halloween."

I'm a big admirerer of you Yanks, when it comes to Halloween. I would've loved it to have been such a big deal over here when I was a kid, but it never was, and still isn't. It's ironic really, as the whole thing is meant to have originated either here or over in Ireland.

Marge's Playboy 'shoot'.

Odd.

I know I am but what about the pictures.

We can see Marge's nipples. I'm both aroused and disgusted!

:D