The Simpsons has jumped the shark Page 2

I'm really surprised Matt Groening hasn't pulled the plug on this. He seems such an intelligent and tuned in guy, yet he's allowing his greatest creation to drag on and become something of an embarrassment.

Let's put the debate aside for just a moment and marvel at awesomeness of this:

http://adn.blam.be/springfield/

Wowza!

Quote: chipolata @ December 2 2008, 10:00 AM GMT

I'm really surprised Matt Groening hasn't pulled the plug on this. He seems such an intelligent and tuned in guy, yet he's allowing his greatest creation to drag on and become something of an embarrassment.

He probably isn't too bothered as long as the millions keep pouring into his bank account.

It has got pretty bad recently

Well I downloaded a new episode from the 20th season yesterday and thought it was pretty hilarious.

Bart befriends a Muslim boy at school and Bart invites the boy and his parents to dinner and Homer thinks they're planning to blow everything up.

It's typical Homer at his best.

I've actually enjoyed all of Season 20 I've seen thus far.

Its weird to think that South Park did an episode called 'The Simpsons Already did it' in Season 6 but the above show concept(A normal Muslim boy who is suspected of being a terrorist) is an idea South Park did a couple of years ago. Don't know if it means anything just thought I'd raise the point.

Does anyone know how many of the great Simpsons writers are still active on the show?People like George Meyer,Jon Vitti,Jay Kogen,Wally Woodlarsky,Ian Maxtone-Graham,Al Jean etc?

The biggest loss was obviously Swartzwelder his episodes were virtually a guarantee of a minumum comedy gold.

Quote: Electric Cornflakes @ December 13 2008, 3:24 PM GMT

Its weird to think that South Park did an episode called 'The Simpsons Already did it' in Season 6 but the above show concept(A normal Muslim boy who is suspected of being a terrorist) is an idea South Park did a couple of years ago. Don't know if it means anything just thought I'd raise the point.

Does anyone know how many of the great Simpsons writers are still active on the show?People like George Meyer,Jon Vitti,Jay Kogen,Wally Woodlarsky,Ian Maxtone-Graham,Al Jean etc?

The biggest loss was obviously Swartzwelder his episodes were virtually a guarantee of a minumum comedy gold.

George Meyer, Jon Vitti and Ian Maxtone-Graham were writers in The Simpsons Movie. Not sure if they are still part of the team now though.

Quote: Electric Cornflakes @ December 13 2008, 3:24 PM GMT

The irony is that most of the current staff on the Simpsons don't seem to be aware of storylines that "The Simpsons already did it" and do retreads of previous storylines thinking they're being original.

I also get the impression that there's some respect between the Simpsons and South Park, and also a shared loathing of Family Guy.

Modern Simpsons episodes always seem quite unenjoyable to me. I couldn't make it through the film.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 14 2008, 9:18 AM GMT

Modern Simpsons episodes always seem quite unenjoyable to me. I couldn't make it through the film.

I really enjoyed the film. I put off watching it for ages because people kept giving it poor reviews, then when I finally watched it on DVD I was pissed off with myself for not going to watch it at the cinema.

I thought the film was better then most of the new seasons. But it wasn't as good as the older ones (when it was at it's best) 2-10 (I think?)

It was never going to be though, the film is rarely ever better than the show it originated from, but it wasn't a League Of Gentlemen style disaster.

I actually thought the LOG film was better then I expected, which is more than can be said about most TV-Film adaptions. Although it was still shit, it was top of the shits in my opinion.

Wonder how long before channel 4 does that countdown? The 100 Top Of The Shits TV Films.