The Simpsons has jumped the shark Page 7

Saw the Neil gaiman one the other day beyond awful almost as bad as the lady gaga one there just doesn't seem to be any love any more init

Haven't enjoyed The Simpsons since Ricky Gervais wrote and appeared in it. And that's not a compliment for Ricky Gervais.

It went south long before that the film was a brief re turn to forum

I watched the last series, first one I'd watched in a long time. I actually enjoyed most of it. Even the Lady Gaga one. I wasn't expecting it to be anything like as good as series 4-8 though, and I think that's the only attitude you can watch it with and get any enjoyment out of it.

The celeb ones really nark me off. Back in the day proper big stars like Micheal Jackson or Dustin Hoffman played actual characters (and sometimes anonymously). So when celebs come on and play themselves it just adds cheapness to the poor show.

And the Gaga one was obsessed with retelling her incredibly dull and fake life story.

I mean c'mon the Simpsons is better than that. This is a show that used to be able to swing elections/

I love the Michael Jackson one.

Quote: zooo @ November 26 2012, 3:02 PM GMT

I love the Michael Jackson one.

Stupid Zooo garbage face.

And he was actually quite a classy performer in it.

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 3:00 PM GMT

The celeb ones really nark me off. Back in the day proper big stars like Micheal Jackson or Dustin Hoffman played actual characters (and sometimes anonymously). So when celebs come on and play themselves it just adds cheapness to the poor show.

And the Gaga one was obsessed with retelling her incredibly dull and fake life story.

I mean c'mon the Simpsons is better than that. This is a show that used to be able to swing elections/

Agree.
But it's not only the human celebs...but also the Apple-spoof a few seasons ago was a strange thing for instance. With the new Simpsons there is a very thin line between cynical social commentary and advertising/celebrity worship. And I^m not always sure anymore if it really is the former.

Oh yuhthat's true.

The Neil Gaiman one they had all turned into ensemble players. When previously they were distinctive characters. e.g. Patty and Selma would never help Homer unless they were utterly desperate because they hate him so much.

The one with Lisa and the whale. What was that even about? I certainly couldn't tell what the joke was.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 26 2012, 3:11 PM GMT

Stupid Zooo garbage face.

:D

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 3:00 PM GMT

Dustin Hoffman

Now THAT was an episode. Pure class.

Along with Lisa The Vegetarian and Homer The Heretic being some of my favourite episodes.

*warm and fuzzy feeling*

Lisa the vegetarian with Paul arms Linda McCartney

Micheal Jackson wasn't actually singing in the episode it was a really famous sound alike, MJ only did the speaking parts.

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ March 13 2013, 9:39 AM GMT

Micheal Jackson wasn't actually singing in the episode it was a really famous sound alike, MJ only did the speaking parts.

Who?